1,915 results
All reviews bay bridge ferry building americano restaurant circular suite waterfront room farmers market slanted door mission street room service the financial district city view excellent location hotel restaurant comfortable rooms union square luxury hotel valet parking
Reviewed 10 February 2016

My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary in SF on Jan 8-11. We know of the Vitale from previous trips. Still the same cool vibe, with great rooms and location, right across the street form the Ferry Bldg, yet away from the Union Square mobs.... we walked to many restaurants, bars, etc., or took short cab rides to our favorite spots. Another great stay ! We will be back soon....!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Dear FoodGrump,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Vitale for your anniversary celebration! I am thrilled that you had such an great experience and I am thankful to count you and your wife as one of our loyal guests. I am happy to read you took advantage of our location and enjoyed our close proximity to the Ferry Building.

We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I was so lucky that my client booked me a room at the Hotel Vitale: Such a fabulous view of the Bay. Such impeccable service. Such a nice room. I couldn't have loved it more. I cannot recommend this place enough. You'll love it.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear Sue T,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vitale. It is always such a pleasure to have such raving comments and feedback. I am thrilled to here that you enjoyed the impeccable service and views.

We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Love this place. Incredible location, lovely room, and the best attention and service of the world! Great place to stay when I visit my children in San Francisco. And I am definitely recommending it to my friends!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank silviacI2231KB
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear silviacI2231KB,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vitale. I am thrilled to see that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Our location makes it perfect for families as well as business guests. I am happy that the team make sure you were well taken care of.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Vitale is my favorite hotel period. I sleep great, their staff is fantastic and the location in San Francisco can't be beat.

The onsite restraunt and bar is solid.

Make sure you check out one of their two rooftop patios!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank andywX2235LE

Dear andywX2235LE,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vitale. I am very happy you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the room as well as our facilities. Our Americano restaurant is ideal for an afternoon drink or a relaxing meal. I am delighted to see as well that you were able to take advantage of our terraces.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

No question, this is one of the nicest boutique hotels in the Bay Area. Staff are absolutely lovely and rooms are spacious. Linens are great and housekeeping spotless. I've stayed here a few times and here are the caveats:
1) limited space in the bathroom for products - this is more important as a female traveler I think!!
2) hallways are noisy and doors don't always block the noise.
3) you can absolutely hear your upstairs neighbors...you can figure out where that was going?!?
4) for some reason the hotel has switched from the Fresh and Lather products which were made in the USA and Europe to products that are branded Jonathan Adler but are made in China - not great for toiletries.
5) they've added on a $10 surcharge onto the room service 20% gratuity, sf tax and sales tax. And they still have a spot on the bill for a tip?!? Makes room service quite expensive. On the plus side, the food is great.

All that said, I will definitely be back (next time with my own toiletries though!?) It's a great hotel overall!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacey T
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Stacey T,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vitale. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and you felt that housekeeping was "spotless". I appreciate your honest feedback and am happy to have you as one of our regular guests.