“Food with wonderful taste & very economical”
Review of Pakwan Restaurant

Pakwan Restaurant
Ranked #1,331 of 6,030 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 June 2015

I visited this restaurant last weekend. Though its ambiance is not very high end but its decent enough to have food by sitting there.
The best thing is the taste of the food. I have been to lots of restaurants but the taste that I got here was by far the best. It almost got me the taste of my mom's food.
Chicken Achar & Biryani was awesome...

Reviewed 6 November 2014

indian food always stumps- so expensive-->go here iwth friends- order a bunch of different things and just a batch of naan and enjoy....indian food is nice when you get a few different things..not just eat a whole thing of lamb korma...good food though....really like the location and taste

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and enjoyed it, though I wasn't overly impressed. It wasn't too expensive which was the best part.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I finally came back to Pakwan after eating constantly at my other fav Indian restaurant Chutney across the street. The chicken Tandoori here is very tender compared to Chutney chicken. Naan was great..Except the chai give me an upset stomach..Chai is better at Chutney's. I will go back again.

1  Thank photoguru619
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I'm a brit and we like our curries. I have been to a number of curry houses in San Fran and this is by far the best I've come across.

You order your food at the bar and then they call your number out for you to collect it when it is ready. It is more like a canteen than a restuarant but the food is well worth it.

They don't have a drinks license so you need to bring your own - their is a liquor store across the road with a reasonable choice.

Cab there though as parking in this area is pretty impossible especially in the evenings.

1  Thank MarkDReviewer