“Excellent Persian Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Grant Ave
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I've eaten here twice. Was introduced to it by a patron who has eaten there weekly for years. You will see customers like this in the restaurant, which is a good sign! On this visit, we made a reservation and when I arrived it was full. So I sat at the very cute little bar which I had not noticed before and had a great Persian martini (since you're asking, it has pomegranate and lime and mint). My dinner companion was late so it all worked out well. He had the badimjan (eggplant) and lamb and I had the fasinjoon - both of these are slow-cooked stews. Both were great! The best rice (well, Persian rice is always good). Although it is a small place and was packed, the seating is very comfortable and the hosts and staff are attentive.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have eaten at Maykadeh several times in the last few years and the food has always been consistently great.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

A good sign that a place specialising in Persian cuisine is stuffed full of elegant Iranian families having a great night out! Service was very attentive, food was splendid with really rich, deep flavours. We will definitely return

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

One of the best restaurant in SF there are no words to describe how good is the food it's just fenomenal

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I loveeee the variety of food and appetizers they offer. Their menus include items that are rarely found in other fancy Persian restaurants like brain, tongue or Kalleh pache.
I tried their kabobs (barg and koobide). Fantastic. Rice was well done as well.