“late night pho”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sao Bien
Reviewed 26 April 2014

this is known as a fish house, but it was the only thing on the block still open at 1045 pm. My beef pho was terrific, full of the advertised organ foods I craved and ery tasty

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Used to heavily frequent this joint when it was called Vietnam II. Previously it was consistently good It has since changed owners and now it is not as good. My lunch partner said " it's like Chinese trying to do bad Vietnamese food.
My grilled pork over cold rice noodles (a fav of mine) was Just passable, 40% of the pork too fatty to eat. My mom's chicken over noodles was better but not great. My wife had the vegetarian soup and found it bland, with just a few seemingly cast off veggies.
Disappointing overall and an unfortunate digression for an old TL standby.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Having lived for 2 years in Saigon and being married to a Vietnamese I think I'm qualified to judge on the taste, as is my Vietnamese wife.
We went here twice (which should tell you something) and liked it.

The flavours of the dishes we had we very nice. No bland food, not extremely outspoken as well. Just as I know it. We had the salted pork chops, kids loved them. Sweet and sour chicken always works for them as well. The 5 spices BBQ chicken was boneless and tasted well.
The bun rieu (noodle soup) of my wife was also scoring a 4.

All in all good food and the price was reasonable too.

1  Thank Marten162
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I ate here because it was close to the hostel and I was tired, and it was a Monday night and all the other restaurants nearby were closed. The seafood fried noodle was okay, as was the service, but I've had better in food halls for the same price or less. Any other night of the week, I'm sure you could do better.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Superb tasting scallops with choy and brocoli. Delicious lemon grass chicken. This restaurant was very reasonably priced and close to our hotel, the Cova hotel. There were many more seafood dishes we would have loved to try. There is a live crab tank.