“Fun! ”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #914 of 6,311 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Japantown
Cross street: Laguna /Webster
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I had a very fun lunch in Benihana. Lovely food and lots of it! I especially enjoyed the egg fried rice.

Date of visit: April 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the dining experience!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This is the 3rd Behihana restaurant I have been too and they all are becoming the same, overpriced fried food with a boring show, dirty atmosphere and tasteless food.

The wait is always long, the smell is always of smoke, and the floors, furniture, walls, tables etc. feel like grease has been just layered on them from years of cooking and lack of detail to cleaning. You think they would clean these restaurants with something more than water once a month just to keep the grease down!!!

I had lunch with my wife on a Sunday , had chicken and steak, some rice, a horrible salad, some water with one mushroom, a green onion and some miso base that was supposed to be soup and then a bunch of onions, squash and bean sprouts, for $80.00 really!!! I could have gone to a great steak house and had a great steak and my wife would have a wonderful piece of fish for around $100.00 and I wouldn't have smelled like smoke and been hungry still when I left.

Ok I know you are paying for a show, but really $35.00 for chicken that is fried like McDonalds at a table with a chef that just really cuts your meat for you like you Mother and serves you some fried rice that has enough soy sauce and salt let alone the MSG that they use like it is water on a dying lawn.

My days of Behinana are done if I want a horrible fried meal maybe I will go to McDonalds and order a burger without the bun with extra onions

Date of visit: February 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

G, on behalf of our team here at Benihana, we would like to sincerely apologize for your negative visit with us. If you have not done so already, please contact Guest Relations via benihanalistens.smg.com/. Our team would love to follow up with you, as your feedback will be used towards improving the guest experience. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, and welcome you to ‘Copy/Paste’ your review in order to save time.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I had lunch here on 02/18/18 with a friend. This is the typical Benihana style restaurant. It's fun for the whole family. The food is unremarkable, but you go here for the experience. I would recommend you try it for special occasions. Total for two without tax or tip was $44.63.

Date of visit: February 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Chris, On behalf of our team here at Benihana, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will be sure to share it with our Guest Relations Team.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had dinner this week: the live cooking show was great and entertaining, the food was very tasty and the service OK. 2 major drawbacks: the smell (I'm still smelling the food 2 days later) and the dirt: the floor was plenty of food from the previous guests. Quite disgusting.

Date of visit: January 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great overall experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Great for a one-time experience for the showmanship, but nothing more.
We had reservations but still had to wait a short while to be seated. Each table seats eight, so they wait until everyone is there before they seat you. Initial drinks are served in good time. The cook/showman all perform the same show while cooking your food.
The food is selected from various set menus and are nothing special, although tasted fresh. You get a free ice cream for your birthday and a birthday song from the staff. the fired rice is $4.50 extra and not worth the money.

Date of visit: January 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

L, we apologize for this disappointing experience. If you have not done so already, please contact Guest Relations via benihanalistens.smg.com/. Our team would love to follow up with you. Your feedback helps us to make improvements. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.