“Nice place but get there early”
Review of Z & Y Restaurant

Z & Y Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Z & Y Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #688 of 6,266 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Z & Y Restaurant is one of the best chinese restaurants in San Francisco Chinatown serving Szechuan and Northern Chinese cuisine. Meet Chef Han who has grown in reputation by preparing food for some of the most distinguished men and women of the world. Some have been presidents, vice presidents, and foreign ministers of the people's republic of China. Z & Y Restaurant accepts reservations on Open Table, and by phone for parties of 4 or more people only.
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We had dinner and got there about 5 pm. As we were leaving the place was filling up fast. Be aware when they indicate the food is spicy it is! Spicy fish was good but so hot! Loved the green beans. Cashew chicken was good and the pot stickers were great! Service was just right for us. It did slow a bit as tables filled up but still good service.

Sierra S, Manager at Z & Y Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thanks so much for the review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything you tried and that you had a nice time with us. Hope to see you again when you're in town next!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Although we had a reservation, we had a really small table close to the bathroom and basically sitting on top of another table - I have to say the other table was really inconsiderate of our space - not the restaurants fault but not a good seating option. The food was pretty good but the service non-existent or worse... must be better options to have authentic Chinese food. Also, my son was very ill the next day - most likely the crab.

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. The restaurant is very small and gets very busy, so the waitstaff often have to juggle a lot of tables at once, especially during Pride weekend. However, they should have checked in with you, and I'm sorry to hear that they did not.

As for the crab, I'm sorry to hear that your son was ill the next day. We haven't had any complains about the crab before, but if you'd like to discuss it more, feel free to send us a direct message.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Be prepared to wait, but the food is worth it.

The hostess offered us an option to share a table in order to be seated sooner. They placed 3 couples at an 8 place table. It worked well; neither of us heard conversations form the people next to us.

The food is very good and portions generous.

Certainly a "Go To" place for Chinese food in Chinatown.

Thanks so much for the review Ry! If you'd like to cut down some of the wait time when you come in next, call (415) 981-8988 to make a reservation. Hope to see you again when you're in town next! :)

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Visited with my wife on a recent SF trip and tour of Chinatown and we weren't disappointed. Great service/food/price.....well worth a try

Thanks for the great review Paul! Hope to see you again when you're in town next. :)

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I had high expectations coming in, but my family and I were largely ignored and our food came out at different times (appetizer and two entrees at the same time while the other two sat and watched; their food came out five minutes later). It took 20 minutes of sitting at our empty table before they brought the check. They just do something right since the place was packed, but we didn’t experience that.

Hey Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We bring out all dishes as they come out of our kitchen, so that could be why your food came out at different times. However, I'm sorry that it took so long to get your check, and I hope that we can redeem ourselves if you come in again.