“We really enjoyed the food”
Review of La Fina Estampa

La Fina Estampa
Ranked #1,696 of 6,297 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 1 September 2015

The 3 of us had a Tortilla Espagnola (Spanish Omelet), Cangrejo Relleno (seafood sauteed in a creamy garlic butter sauce, and Paella Marinera (seafood paella). IMO all the flavors were terrific. I'm not hip for Peruvian food, but seems to me the menu is Spanish, and what we had was delicious. Service was good, place was clean, decor OK, and the prices were reasonable for San Francisco. Would eat there again. Parking is crowded, but there is paid public parking lot a couple of blocks away.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

I visited this place and thought that the food was very average . I had better Peruvian food in New York . Also the service was not up to par. Upon arriving bread was dropped at the table however no drinks were offered or water brought to the table . Waited about 10-15 minutes before we were asked for our order. The waiter seemed very stressed and not helpful with making dinner selections . I also witnessed the waiter asking a gentleman dining alone to move to a smaller table so they could accommodate another lager party and this was in the middle of his meal. I don't recommend this restaurant unless you have a lot of patience .

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Came with 3 friends-my first experience with Peruvian food. Service fantastic..charming waiter willing to take his time explaining the different dishes on the menu. One of my friends ordered a crab and shrimp dish, baked inside of a crab shell. I don't know the name, but it was delicious. Lots of crab and shrimp, light sauce. Perfect. I had a chicken dish with oregano..chicken juicy and perfect...absolutely perfect. My other friend had the friend prawns...extremely generous portion of huge prawns cooked to perfection...
Various sauces were brought to the table; one extremely hot, one garlicky and other a corn relish. OMG....we were all in heaven. From beginning to end we savored each bit, laughed and enjoyed a fabulous time. Best of all, prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 31 October 2014

Found this restaurant while I was looking for places to eat around Van Ness and California. From the outside you can't see inside to see how busy it is. Friendly atmosphere. Food was very good, but unfortunately, it took a very long time for the food to arrive at the table, and the restaurant wasn't full. If they can get another sous chef in the kitchen to help prepare the food and get it out faster it would be great.

Worth the long wait for the food.

Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

We arrived a little early and Luis was kind enough to let us come in. We had an excellent Paella and Tortilla Española. The service was friendly and fast.