Candlestick Park - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Ticked off the bucketlist

As a San Francisco 49ers fan in Australia I always wanted to visit the concrete behemoth that was... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2016
BigBrank
Melbourne, Australia
Only a memory!

Candle Stick park was home to the SF Giants until 2000 and home to the 49ers as well. Now you can... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2015
Houston N
Franklin, Tennessee
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Was at Paul Mc Cartney's "Out There" Show, the last hurrah for Candlestick Park. I have seen Paul many many times and he did not disappoint---had people on their feet and rocked the place for 3 hours. The show did start nearly an hour late evidently to allow time for people that got caught in traffic. We went by the email sent out which stated to get there early as the promoters thought that traffic would be a problem. We arrived around 5:30 p.m. Got right in and found a spot to park. I was really shocked that they were charging $40.00 to park a car.....but what do you do? Had already driven 200 plus miles to get there, and there was no way I was going to miss seeing Paul again. Being that we got there early, we were at their mercy for food for the evening. Between the three of us we had 3 hot dogs (at $7.00 each) 1 bottled water (at $5.00) 2 sodas (at $6.00 each) and one order of nachos (at $9.00) for a grand total of $47.00----I was again shocked. Maybe I don't get out enough--maybe this is the "norm" but I was really disgusted about getting so gouged. I jokingly told the twenty-something gathering our food for us at the counter, "you do realize this is robbery don't you?' and he nodded yes, and smiled.....he was aware. Though we had no problem getting there and getting parked it did take awhile to get out of the venue. There were a lot of people walking and they were going in between the cars and some people in the cars were pretty aggressive about getting in. I am glad we went because I have always been a fan of Paul's and wanted my Daughter to see him especially with the significance of the Beatles having played there and it being the last show ever at Candlestick, but I obviously am dismayed by the exceptionally high prices they charged within the park.

1  Thank Dieterbean
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Candlestick Park has seen its days. We saw quite a few Giants Baseball Games here until they moved to ATT in San Francisco. The San Francisco 49ers played their last game here in the 2013/14 season. Now they have moved on to their new stellar stadium in Santa Clara.

For the history - the place is a 5 stars all the way.

For a stadium - it has seen its day. The chairs are now for sell.

We do not plan to buy but this is just a fond farewell to the stadium - a stadium where even on a warm summer day one needed to bring a warm coat and hope the baseball game did not go into extra innings. Days where you bought a hot chocolate just as a hand warmer!

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank mini
Reviewed 24 August 2014

McCartney Concert Aug. 14th started almost an hour late b/c people were still trying to get into the place to park. Some tickets holders (over 2000) spent over four hours driving (inching) around never got in. We took a cab from the city and got in on time however after the concert was over police would not allow cabs anywhere near Candlestick for over an hour until the place had cleared somewhat, then we were able to walk up the hill and queue up for a taxi. If this is typical good riddance to Candlestick!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was a real treat to get to go here. Not just once but twice in a little over a week. The atmosphere was electric and the tail-gaters were incredible. I loved everything about the place and I will really miss it. From the garlic fries to the roar of the fans, this place had character!!!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I were in town and drove to candlestick park just to look at it before it gets demolished. I drove into a parking lot and asked the security guard if we could get closer to take a photo. First he signaled to me to stay put while he finished up his phone call. Meanwhile some other guy in his car in front of me was just trying to leave and my car was blocking his way. I signaled to him that I couldn't move but then he started honking and getting upset. Once the security guard got off the phone I told him I needed help because the guy in his car was getting mad. The security guard simply said "please leave." So I did. What a terrible experience. Don't feel bad to see this landmark building come down because of the rudeness of its staff.

1  Thank Smbandjb