“Buy the Chairs - they are for sell!”
Review of Candlestick Park - CLOSED

Candlestick Park
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Candlestick Park has seen its days. We saw quite a few Giants Baseball Games here until they moved to ATT in San Francisco. The San Francisco 49ers played their last game here in the 2013/14 season. Now they have moved on to their new stellar stadium in Santa Clara.

For the history - the place is a 5 stars all the way.

For a stadium - it has seen its day. The chairs are now for sell.

We do not plan to buy but this is just a fond farewell to the stadium - a stadium where even on a warm summer day one needed to bring a warm coat and hope the baseball game did not go into extra innings. Days where you bought a hot chocolate just as a hand warmer!

1  Thank mini

Reviewed 24 August 2014

McCartney Concert Aug. 14th started almost an hour late b/c people were still trying to get into the place to park. Some tickets holders (over 2000) spent over four hours driving (inching) around never got in. We took a cab from the city and got in on time however after the concert was over police would not allow cabs anywhere near Candlestick for over an hour until the place had cleared somewhat, then we were able to walk up the hill and queue up for a taxi. If this is typical good riddance to Candlestick!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was a real treat to get to go here. Not just once but twice in a little over a week. The atmosphere was electric and the tail-gaters were incredible. I loved everything about the place and I will really miss it. From the garlic fries to the roar of the fans, this place had character!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I were in town and drove to candlestick park just to look at it before it gets demolished. I drove into a parking lot and asked the security guard if we could get closer to take a photo. First he signaled to me to stay put while he finished up his phone call. Meanwhile some other guy in his car in front of me was just trying to leave and my car was blocking his way. I signaled to him that I couldn't move but then he started honking and getting upset. Once the security guard got off the phone I told him I needed help because the guy in his car was getting mad. The security guard simply said "please leave." So I did. What a terrible experience. Don't feel bad to see this landmark building come down because of the rudeness of its staff.

1  Thank Smbandjb
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I attended two events at Candlestick in this, its last year of operation--the SF 49ers v. the Arizona Cardinals home game in October and the Legends of Candlestick, a flag football game featuring past 49er gridiron greats v. the All-Stars, former players from other teams. When I was there in October, I was frankly shocked at how crappy the stadium looked--not the field; it was kept in good condition. But quite a few other parts of the stadium were showing its age. It was kind of pathetic that a bunch of light bulbs of the stadium lights were missing and hadn't been replaced. What, the Yorks couldn't afford it? But I think it's sad that they couldn't just fix the old girl up and continue to play there. It's a stadium with history, and I hate seeing historical monuments get torn down. Farewell, Candlestick. You will not be forgotten.