Some friends and I stayed here for two nights after driving up the coast from Los Angeles. The hotel itself is very nice with a very vibrant bar. The staff is amazing and has great suggestions and are very helpful. The problem is that in the downtown area of San Francisco it is rather dirty with a lot of homeless people. If you are going to stay here I would recommend the following:
1. Ask for a room on the highest floor possible. We were on the sixth floor and had no view.
2. Do not use the valet parking service as it is about $60 right next to the hotel is a self park for $20. The valet even told us where it was.
3. Have the concierge recommend the bike tour company to used bicycle across the Golden gate Bridge. You get a discount card and it is a lot of fun. You then take the ferry back to San Francisco.
4. Do not rely on the courtesy car service. It seemed to me that they only had one vehicle and it was always in use. It was far easier to use Uber or yelp.
5. As I mentioned above make sure you have a drink in the bar as it is a very lively place to socialize.More
- Room Service