“Excellent Escape in the City”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #20 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We went for a quick get away to San Fran and being avid FS travelers we wanted to try this property out. We are glad we did and in typical FS fashion the place was wonderful and made our city stay special. Tucked away yet very easy to get to the F line and Union Square etc not to mention shopping at your doorstep. The one bedroom suite was roomy and awesome and the sleeping comfort was on par. Had room service for all three mornings we were there and the breakfast was spot on. I highly recommend the bar - we had several drinks and ate in the bar as well - friendly staff and fresh modern drinks!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Located downtown on Market, next to the Yerba Buena Gardens, Mascone Center & SF MOMA, this is one great, sleek, paragon of a hotel.

All the usual Four Seasons comforts apply: excellent check-in service, robes & slippers in the bathroom, L'Occitane shampoos & shea butter vegetable cakes of soap, large bed w/ huge screen TV, booze & snacks in the fridge. The excellent leadership of the Four Season's brand has distilled the hotel experience down to a science of perfect service and comfort. I also like the fact that I could open the window and let a bit of the clean, fresh Pacific air into my room at night - most hotels no longer allow you to open their windows.

I was here for a business trip, and we had a company dinner for clients in a private room - catered by the hotel restaurant MKT I believe.

Service was impeccable, the steak/salmon combo entree was very well prepared. The bar tender, Michael, was awesome & made special forays into the room to be sure everyone was well supplied with libations - including an excellent Napa Cakebread wine.

The Hotel bar in the evening is a fun place where high tech Silicon Valley peeps mingle with tourists from around the globe. The whole ambiance of the hotel is really excellent - there is just a great buzz here.

Early in the morning yesterday I was taking some pix outside the hotel and by chance followed a well dressed, dapper, elderly man with an umbrella under his arm and a rakishly tied Windsor tie - walking into the hotel foyer. He was smiling. He crisply turned into the "Private Residents Only" entrance door, as it was opened for him by hotel staff, and I confess I felt a stab of envy. The maitre'd greeted him behind the modern wooden desk with a "Welcome back home, Mr. So-in-so."

How wonderful it must be to live permanently in the Four Seasons San Francisco, and call it home!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Stayed at the Four Seasons for a conference at the nearby Moscone Convention Center and was very happy. The service was first rate and the room was wonderful and spacious, especially compared to other hotels I have staye at in SF for prior years conferences. The Equinox Helath Club is first rate and available to guests, I just which I had more time to use it. The central location is great for touring, shopping and food and the hotel lobby, bar and cafe makes for a great place for business metings or a bit of fun. Wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

I appreciate the time you took to write the review! We're glad that you were able to stay with us during your recent conference. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again and this time have more time to take advantage of Equinox Sports Club.

Cheers,

Reviewed 15 March 2016

enjoyed the room, and breakfast at MKT quite a bit. Overall found the hotel surprisingly cold in spirit. Staff felt jr. level. Not exactly what i'd expect from a 5 start hotel. Hotel was very clean and we really loved the room.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Thank dcsjoe123 .
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thank you for your candid response. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and MKT Restaurant. I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations on a couple of levels. If you have the opportunity to share more so that we can correct the situation, I can be reached directly at christian.klaus@fourseasons.com. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night while in town for the Warriors vs Blazers game. Quick trip, but the rooms were impeccable, quiet and comfortable. I was on the 10th floor and had the best night's sleep I've had in a while. Bar was mellow, as to be expected. Great drinks and service. Views from the room were nice.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BriSanVan

I hope to welcome you back for a longer trip! Perhaps another game? Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Regards,