SW Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$366
US$348
  • Room Service
US$398
US$232
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$254
US$457
US$352
  • Restaurant
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$227
US$228
US$178
  • Bar/Lounge
Stanford Court San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$237
  • Restaurant
All reviewschinatown and north beachfamous citycity lightsgreat locationhard boiled eggsunderground parkingfisherman's wharfdim summinute walkthe breakfast areawithin walking distancestreet noisestay there againreasonable sizearound the cornerinside roomreasonable rates
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Picked this hotel as it was within budget and was in the center of town. First view of the room was a little disappointing as there was absolutely no view whatsoever and then realised that we had asked for a quiet room so it wouldnt be street side and noisey and we could sleep in :) It was quiet, and comfortable. Room service was efficient tho a tad bit annoying as they really wanted to clean the room but a lil too early for us! Breakfast was disappointing to say the least, but we couldnt expect much considering we were always skidding in just before breakfast was closing. But I think even otherwise the breakfast spread is lame. Its location is perfect and its walking distance from pretty much everything. Theres lots of great restaurants close by and a really old, very interesting, quaint bar around the corner. I would happily go back and stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isheenthisheen
Reviewed 2 October 2011

When we arrived we were checked in very quickly and went off to our room. The room was a little dated, but was very large and clean. We had to check our booking details as there was no mention of breakfast when we checked in so we werent even sure they provided it.
We went down to reception and asked about travel to the bridge and the man on recpetion got a map and explained exactly where we would go, where we would change, etc. Great directions. In fact everytime we asked anything at recpetion the staff were always very helpful.
It was a really good location, but we did make the mistake of getting off the cable car one evening when it stopped a bit further up broadway. What we didnt realise is that we had to go up and down a huge hill to get back to the hotel!!
The only thing that let the hotel down was the breakfast. The breakfast itself was fine, but it was just not kept stocked up at all. There appeared to be one girl trying to keep on top of all of it. When we went to breakfast on the first morning it was about an hour until they finished, but there was no milk, no coffee, no fruit, no muffins and one egg. Most of the items were replaced in time but not the eggs or fruit. It was very similar on the other days, but you did have to go and ask the girl to get things for you. Also the fact that all the cutlery and plates were plastic was disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mikepcon
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I picked this hotel after doing research on several San Fran hotels, and was very happy with my decision. Stayed here for 4 nights, and overall enjoyed my stay. It's in great location right between Chinatown and North Beach (little Italy) and not too long of a walk to a lot of the touristy stuff (definitely plan on some strenuous walking though..those steep hills are serious business!). Tons of great restaurants just steps from the hotel. It's not a grand hotel, but it had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The room was a decent size, and so was the bathroom. We had a nice size fridge in our room so I could have a midnight snack of yummy leftover pizza from North Beach. It was also very clean and the staff was always friendly and helpful when I needed something. We had a great view from our room too, we could see the Bay Bridge, the water, Coit Tower, and the Transamerica Tower and the rest of the financial district. And one of the best parts about our room was we were the last room down the hall, and there was a fire escape next to our room. I would open the door and sit on the ledge and watch the view of the city while eating my delicious cannolis from an italian bakery down the street, and just enjoy life. It was great! A couple of notes though...like others have said, it can get a little noisy on the weekends at night because the Chinatown area is bopping. I saw this and brought ear plugs, so I was fine. Also, the bed is not the most comfy, but i was still able to get a goo notes rest.I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel...it might not be the Ritz, but the experience of being of staying in such a culturally diverse area was such a wonderful San Fran experience. You can't get that at some stuffy over the top hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was 425....I highly recommend asking for it, it was on the top floor so it was less noisy, and had a fantastic view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelChick531
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed three nights at the SW hotel, because it is an affordable hotel, especially when you consider the excellent location. The rooms are clean but rather small. And we were unlucky to have rooms 337 & 338 right next to some noisy Chinese restaurants that only close after 1 o clock at night. The hotel building itself has no charm at all and breakfast is limited and served in a hallway at the back of the building. I would only recommend it when you have no other affordable option in this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed at SW Hotel and found the hotel is pretty nice, except for the fact that reception is often unmanned (which is intolerable). I nearly waited for 20 mins to get my check in done because of unmanned reception area! Not a very good initial impression.

However, room is clean and well appointed with decent size. Location of this hotel is pretty good too, it is in the middle of Chinatown and North Beach. A various restaurants available within walking distance. Breakfast is provided incl. toast, juices, and cereals. Just the wifi doesn't seem to work.

All in all, it is a pretty good SF property!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo