“"Meh" sushi, amazing dessert”
Review of Rocketfish - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Connecticut
Transit: Located on the corner of 18th Street & Connecticut we are accessible by public transportations via the Route #10 Townsend Outbound; Route #19 Polk Outbound; and Route #22 Fillmore Outbound
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I've eaten here a few times because it's convenient and to be honest the sushi isn't the greatest. But I would come out of my way just to eat dessert here. Their Mochi Churros are AMAZING. I've never had mochi churros anywhere else, but I can't imagine that anything could be better than these. They're probably what you imagine they'd be like, fried mochi in the shape of small churros.
But when served with the chocolate/white chocolate dipping sauce and high quality french vanilla ice cream they are to die for.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Went on a Tuesday night when Woody Brennan was the bartender. He gave us excellent service including having us try the shrimp with pink peppercorns. Delicious. The Brussels sprouts were the best I have had including padron peppers which I haven't had since Madrid. Rocketfish is a casual neighborhood restaurant with gourmet food and fine sake.