“Amazing Added Value to February 2012 San Francisco Trip!!”

Best Bay Area Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$99.00*
and up
Small Group Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour
Ranked #24 of 287 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Best Bay Area Tours!!! WE ARE OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS and THE PUBLIC!!! We are a fun and affordable tour company operating in and around beautiful San Francisco California. We offer a variety of tour options. We feature small group tours - no large overcrowded groups at Best Bay Area Tours. Best Bay Area Tours is an experienced tour operator with many years in the San Francisco area. Let us take you on one or more of our exciting adventures.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Added Value to February 2012 San Francisco Trip!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

When I book and use a tour service I ultimately judge it by how much value it adds to my trip. Alan, who runs this whole operation, blew me away in terms of value added. My wife and I traveled with Alan for two straight days, first on the Napa/Sonoma tour and then the Muir Woods/Sausalito tour. Alan was beyond accommodating and has the best ways to explore these areas down to a science. You'll experience a wide arrange of wineries from small boutique operations to larger national operations in an inviting setting which can be a challenge to find. Alan provides great lunch recommendations and gets you to attractions before the ridiculously large tour buses roll in. I could ramble on longer about how great these tours were but if you're in the bay area you owe it to yourself to experience a day touring with Alan. You won't find a better value on your San Francisco vacation.

2 Thank Dye84

Lawrence KS
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“San Fran tour very informational”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Got to see a lot of San Fran by a guide who knew a lot about the area. The van was not the most conducive to see sights because the sights were generally close and higher than the windows were. Sitting in the back sometimes made it difficult to hear what guide had to say. Plus there was a rattle in the back which was very distracting. Alan was a nice guy and very informative.

1 Thank Run4more
Alanr21, Owner at Best Bay Area Tours, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hi Run4More,
Thank you so much for your valued feedback. I'm sorry about the rattle in the back of the van. I wish I had known about it. It turned out to be a small ladder I had behind the back seat and I have subsequently removed it. So at least in the future that rattle will no longer exist.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Alan
Best Bay Area Tours
Kansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“San Fran City tour”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Allen showed us all around the city. Truly feel we got the highlights of everything there is in the City. The only negative was from the van, difficult to see things that had any height to them. Bigger windows would have made it perfect!

Visited February 2012
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour of Muir Woods and Sonoma”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My daughter and I spent a wonderful day on Alan's tour of Muir Woods and Sonoma. Alan starts the tour nice and early so that we could enjoy Muir Woods before all

Visited February 2012
1 Thank winetourgirl
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Overview of San Francisco”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My 3 boys (13, 11 and 9yrs) and I had a fantastic day with Alan of Best Bay Area tours. We did a morning tour of Muir Woods and Sausilito and a city tour in the afternoon. Alan has a real passion for San Francisco and surrounds and showed us the best of everything. There was no question he couldn't answer and he had real insights into the various aspects of the city. My boys and I were captivated the whole day and came away with a real appreciation of the quality of life San Francisco has to offer. The tour is perfect if you want a good overview of San Francisco and the surrounds - all that you would need to do is a night tour of Alcatraz and you'd have it all covered. The tour was perfect for time limited visitors. It leaves you with a great sense of what you would like to see in more depth if you had more time.
Huge thanks to Alan for a great day!
Highlights: Muir Woods, Cliff House and Ocean Beach, Golden Gate Park, Billionaires Row.....

Visited December 2011