“your soul will enjoy it” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Haunted SF: Ghosts in the City After Dark
Ranked #114 of 528 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This church is known for its pastor, Cecil Williams, whose sermons never fail to thrill.
Tuscany
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“your soul will enjoy it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

we are a jewish family,but we really enjoyed the gospels sunday morning at teh Glaide Church.
Expecially one song that was performed by a solist afroamerican woman,beautiful looking,with a capacity to make me have tiers of joy in my eyes.
I wish that my mom Dolly would listen it from the sky.
I felt as my G-d is listening too.
Remember to arrive somewhere at 8.30 a,m. to get the best seats!

Visited July 2011
3 Thank filtuscany

Cebu City, Philippines
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Get your Glide on!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Having heard of this church for years, I wanted to check it out myself. We recently spent 2 days (Sat/Sun) in San Francisco so Sunday morning I got up early and roused my wife by saying "We got to get our GLIDE ON!"

She's Catholic and I'm Agnostic but everything I read said Glide, though named Methodist, was inclusive and non denominational. Our hotel was only 4 blocks away so we enjoyed a morning walk and arrived in time for the 9 am service.

We were warmly greeted at the door and invited to find a seat anywhere inside. Hapnophobics beware, this is a "hugging" church and given the slightest invitation you will be grabbed and loved.

The choir and band was everything I read about and more. There is something about a full voiced choir filling a space with inspirational song that inspires you. Agnostic or not, I was moved.

Glide ministers to all, including the poor, downtrodden, gay and lesbian people and their message is God is Love, and Love for All. We should all love one another. Some people may have a problem with that, I don't.

There's a moment when you are asked to greet and love the people around you and I found myself hugging people of all persuasions and again, being moved almost to tears.

If we lived in San Francisco I would attend this church, maybe not every week, but often enough to get my GLIDE ON!

5 Thank hoz49
Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Mixed Feelings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

I was in the area for Easter and wanted a church to go to. Being United Methodist, I found the closest United Methodist church to my hotel, which turned out to be Glide. I had checked out their website and was looking forward to an enthusiastic Easter service. On that point they did not disappoint. Their choir and band were fantastic.

However, a United Methodist church this is not. I understand they do a wonderful job of feeding the hungry, but they do not follow many of the United Methodist church's doctrines and I found this very disappointing.

2 Thank PhotoBiker
North Bay
“beautiful and inspirng House of Worship”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2008

This is a house of worship which does such good things in the neighborhood and the world. It is a beautiful church and should not be missed. Don't fail to notice the meditation circle. This church hosted one of the first meetings of the United Nations. God's control of the world amidst consideration of men's global governance.