Have you ever wanted to experience old world elegance - perhaps live in such luxury if only for a few days? I didn't know how much I wanted that very thing until I experienced that during my stay at The Huntington Hotel.
After scouring reviews and myriad sites for the best hotel at the best price, I found this gem at the top of Nob Hill. My business trip turned out to be the most inspired trip ever thanks to this hotel. The staff was incredibly gracious - every greeting felt very genuine. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite on the top floor. The staff even delivered tea to my room approximately 5 minutes after dropping off my bag.
I am a very simple traveler (both personally and professionally), but I very much enjoyed the hospitality of the staff, the maintenance of the hotel, and the location (on cable car line, steps from Grace Cathedral, across the street from a park). This hotel used to be an apartment building, so the rooms (or suite in my case), are amazingly large and evoke the style of a different age. I was kicking myself with glee when I returned from my meetings each day - I was very sad to leave.
Though I didn't go into the spa's soaking pool, I did stop in to see the best pool in San Fran - it really is beautiful. Bring your bathing suit!
I have included a few pictures to give you the flavor of my experience (though there are already some great pics from fellow travelers). This isn't a new hotel and it doesn't necessarily offer the same bells and whistles as some of the chain hotels (in-room coffee and tea service, for instance). However, I think this hotel offers something better - a romantic feel from a time gone by, service that never feels forced from staff members who are prepared to help you make the most of your trip, and a rejuvenating oasis from the goings-on of the day.
I will be reflecting on this experience for months and recommend this hotel without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa