1,587 results
All reviews grace cathedral nob hill big restaurant infinity pool piano bar spa area cable car steam room california street union square upgraded to a suite an upgrade room service mark hopkins beautiful hotel hotel guests car service
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband & I, along with his son, decided to stay up on Nob Hill for a change. Love the area! We booked a suite on this visit. As we walked in, we were greeted with a warm welcome by the Staff. As we entered our suite, it felt like home. Everything was comfortable & clean! There is some newness around the hotel & in the suite; yet, there is a classic feel to it which we like. We were in San Francisco for a few days, I did not have the free time to try out their Spa; but I will on our next visit. Love the location! The California & Van Ness Cable car goes by frequently; Grace Cathedral is nearby; and across the street is Huntington Park. What an ideal location! Close to Union Square and the shopping. We walked down (carefully) to our favorite restaurants. The Huntington Hotel offers car service during the day. I needed to pick up my Hermes scarf from the nearest Peninou French Laundry & Cleaners. The driver asked if she could wait for us while I picked up my scarf. Of course, we said "Yes, please!" I joined some friends for breakfast one morning in The Big 4. That classic feel remains in the restaurant with the oil paintings, full portraits of the 4 famous tycoons, leather chairs and fire place. We enjoyed staying at the Huntington Hotel & Spa. The service was impeccable; and the
Staff were friendly and most helpful. I could not help notice that their awards were posted outside on their building; one from Preferred and an award for being a small luxury hotel. Well deserved. We will return!

Room Tip: Spend the extra on a suite, you will be happier and more comfortable!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Huntington Hotel. The best thing I can say about it is: it's nice. Nice in that the people are friendly and on top of everything (even room service which I think a lot of hotels struggle with), but our room was very dated - clean, but dated. Paint peeling in the bathroom - bathroom generally from another era (cracks in the tub, small sink basin, hair dryer in the wall etc...), I'm 5'4 and the shower was even too low for me. The wet bar looks to be from the 50's. The bed was comfortable and the couch was a nice option. Appreciated the bathrobes too.

All in all a fine place to stay, but don't expect to be wow'd by the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HuntingtonHotelSF, Public Relations Manager at Huntington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Hello BrixNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Huntington. I'm pleased to hear that you were impressed with our level of service, but sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. I'll be sure to address the issue of the paint in the bathroom with our maintenance staff straight away. Renovation plans are currently in the works for the hotel, and as such, we do hope that you'll consider staying with us again the next time you visit San Francisco. We would love another chance to wow you!

Wishing you safe and happy future travels...

Cheers,
Kellie Samson
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

My visit to San Fran is incomplete if I don't make a trip to the Day Spa in the Nob Hill Huntington Hotel. A great massage or pedicure, a facial or some other treatment is always great. The view is magnificent and I swim in the infinity pool or hang out by the fireplace or in the Zen Room. After full day of meetings, this is the perfect evening to unwind and reflect. So, I took a friend last night from 6-9 pm, ordered tonics and watched the sunset and caught up. This was her first time here, so we chatted a lot and swam in the infinity pool and the hot tub, then enjoyed the eucalyptus wet sauna and enjoyed our warm bathrobes and spa slippers by the fireplace. Cozy and great service.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank KontessaT
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I've stayed at the Huntington 7 times already, I tried many different rooms, and each time it's like returing home. Most of the staff have been there for years, everyone is very friendly, the rooms & bathrooms are large and well equipped (the only things that are missing for my taste are the minibar and separate shower). The relaxation pool and spa are spotless and very quiet, and the views are great whatever floor you're staying on (either the square and Grace Cathedral, or the city - you're on the top of Nob Hill, remember).
Walking up Nob Hill will efficiently replace a work out session and will give you a good conscience after eating a half a cheesecake. If you're looking for a modern hotel you will be disappointed, but if you are looking for character, elegance and caring service, this is the place!

Room Tip: Higher floor on the square side or, for first timers, city view (impressive when it's not too foggy!)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Thomas B,
Thank you for being such a loyal Huntington Hotel guest! We're so happy to hear you mention that 'each time it's like returning home', since that is exactly the way we want our guests to feel. When we read a review like yours, we realize that our staff is doing their best to create a warm and welcoming environment for our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,
Kellie Samson
Public Relations Manager
Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill Spa

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed for three days in Sept. and did have some reservations when reading past reviews of tired rooms, etc. Our room--910---was a junior suite that we were upgraded to thru the American Express Platinum Card Fine Hotels and Resorts Program and it was gorgeous!!! Very large, newly refurbished in a modern style with a king-sized bed and large marble bathroom with sinks in a separate area from tub/shower and commode. We find this setup extremely convenient for two people trying to get ready simultaneously in the a.m. or for dinner. There was also a small refrigerator, large desk and two closets with ample space. As others have stated, the staff here is excellent. The personalized service that is offered makes most guests feel very comfortable and at home. Yes the location is up a very steep hill---walking down to the Union Square area was no problem and even though walking back up was a challenge, taxis were plentiful and we never had a problem going to or from the hotel. The small park across the street was very restful after a long day of shopping and/or touring and the entertainment provided by the dogs and their owners was great. The pool area and spa are lovely but due to lack of time, we did not avail ourselves of any services. We did, however, manage to avail ourselves of the services of the lovely bar area and spent a very enjoyable evening listening to the piano and having dinner. San Francisco is one city that never disappoints---as many times as we have been there, we always seem to find something new to discover. The Huntington Hotel did not disappoint, either. If you are looking for a quiet, charming, well -cared for establishment with very personalized service, you would be well served to stay here. We were provided breakfast daily thru our AMEX program and the service and quality of food were excellent.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$$$ for a junior suite---you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple