All reviewscastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janhome away from homeevery morningprivate bathbreakfast was delicioustwin peaksbed and breakfastf linerestaurants and barspublic transportationlocation was perfecta wonderful stay
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I have been staying at the Inn on Castro for many years, but my experience for this past Thanksgiving weekend was better than ever. Jan and crew take such good care of their visitors. The location, rooms, breakfast, and overall service are simply primo. I love making the Inn on Castro my home in the city. I can't recommend it too highly.

Room Tip: The White Room is my favorite. It's on the back, away from the street with a sweeping view toward downtown.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
mickeysanfrancisco, Owner at Inn on Castro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words and loyalty.
Much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The patio room was quiet and had a cute sitting area plus we had great views of the patio that had beautiful plants. The patio was a lot of fun to sit on at night and spend time together. We were half a block from the heart of Castro and walked everywhere we went. Our host was really nice and friendly and accommodating. We definitely recommend staying here!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
mickeysanfrancisco, Owner at Inn on Castro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

I am glad you enjoyed our winter sun on the Patio.
Winters can have rain but has always sun for a week after that.
Altough it is cool. The UV makes it feel like it is 10F warmer.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed here and found the accommodations wonderful. Jan helped us figure out things to do on our visit and created a wonderful breakfast each morning. The spacious suite was great for our week of visiting. Highly recommend you check them out

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TimBandBillB
mickeysanfrancisco, Owner at Inn on Castro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

It was a joy having you with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The Inn on Castro is definitely a hidden gem. I was traveling for work and all the hotels were over $800. Luckily, they had one room left here and I was able to stay. The house is very warm and welcoming. You are provided a delicious breakfast every morning, better than staying at a Hilton. Above all, the staff is super friendly and there for anything you need. I highly recommend staying here and will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
mickeysanfrancisco, Owner at Inn on Castro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

As pleasant today as the first time I stayed, in 1998! Highly recommended.

Jan does not only cook a good breakfast, he’s also a knowledgeable host with plenty of useful insights in both gastronomy and culture in San Francisco.

Christer K

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

We try to continue to give it our best.