Andrews Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$238
US$214
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$295/night.

US$213
US$201
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
US$244
US$210
Orchard Hotel
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$158
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$198
US$193
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$323/night.

Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$186
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

US$340
US$307
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$453/night.

Stanford Court San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$170
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$204
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$167
US$158
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$312/night.

All reviewscomplimentary glass of winecontinental breakfastpetite suiterooms are smallunion squareevery morningpost steach eveningtwo blockseuropean stylequaint hotelqueen roomthe heart of the citystayed here for nightsstreet noiseexcellent locationcable car
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Andrews Hotel for 2 nights. The location to Unity Square was perfect for us, just a 5-10min walk away. There are lots of nice restaurants within walking distance. The hotel itself has lots of character and the staff were very friendly. The room was clean and a good size. Breakfast is continental and is served on each floor. Food was great, just help yourself and eat in your room. The room was a bit noisy with road traffic but it was to be expected given the age of the building and the busy area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2016

When I arrived to check to the Andrews at the end of a 5 week tour I found I had made a mistake in my booking, and they were expecting me 4 weeks earlier... So the pretty corner suite I had booked was not available, and they had to give me the last available room... it was very tiny, had some recent work done in the bathroom, making the hand basin unusable for the first day - and had a very loud neighbour through the wall who really did annoy me. Since noise from other guests is my #1 hate in hotels, that loses a star. The hotel is at the start of a somewhat grungy part of the city, but very smart stores, Union Square, and the cable car are only a few minutes away. The breakfast is simple but fine, the bathroom was tiny but worked well... and the staff were all unfailingly helpful and friendly. So it was my mistake that gave me a tiny cramped room, but the staff did all they could to help me conclude my holiday on a happy note.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We enjoyed our stay here very much. We arrived pretty late after a delayed flight. After a quick check in, we were in our room. The room is pretty small- though standard for big cities. The bed is comfortable and we slept well. Breakfast was available in the hallway at 7am and there were delicious croissants and muffins.

The Italian restaurant downstairs is amazing - make reservations - they fill up pretty quick.
The staff are excellent - so very helpful and friendly. We had to leave really early for Yosemite and it was before breakfast was served and they kindly offered us a bit of breakfast even though it was before 7am.

We don't usually spend too much time in the room when we travel- we are out and about so much- so the hotel as perfect for location.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2016

The only positive thing that one can say about this hotel is that the staff is nice and the location is close to Union Square.
But it is also noisy, the rooms are small, no a/c, old building with a single elevator , wifi is so,etimes ok, sometimes has issues etc.
2 reasons why I am giving 1 star only:
When I arrived, I noticed a 3cm big, fresh, red stain on a sheet. I took me some time to convince the manager that "of course I want the sheets to be changed". I really can't understand how a sheet, supposedly coming from laundry, could have a stain that big, and fresh (kind of jelly).
The other thing is that the breakfast is just some fruit, coffe and croissants served on a table in the floor corridor. Very very poor breakfast for the price, and you have to eat it in your room. That means that at 7 in the morning a buffet starts in the corridor outside your room, and it can be very noisy. Also, if you go later in the morning, chances are that there are few things left to eat. I think that the fact that the guests are forced to eat in their room may explain the stain on the sheets...
Even if you put the DND on the door, the staff may enter your room and do the housecleaning, which may be disappointing from a privacy point of view, or if you just were sleeping in the room.
I suggest to book here only if you are desperate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at an high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Alessandro M
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Let me start this review with a disclaimer. My wife loved the place and I thought it was one of the worst hotels I have ever been in. She loved the romance of being in a very old hotel with an old tiny elevator and old creaky floors. For me it was the opposite....
1. The hotel is located on Post Street in the Tenderloin. If you never have been in San Francisco, the tenderloin is one of the most run down sections of the city and it is over run by the homeless. People are sleeping everywhere on the streets and in doorways. Besides that, Post Street is the major thoroughfare for the Fire Trucks serving that section of the city. During the night of December 7, 2016 I was awoken by blaring sirens four times during the night, and I mean blaring. Post street has 3-4 story building on each side and the sirens bounce off the wall with intensity. In addition, the windows on this old hotel are single pane windows so the sound comes right through.
2. We had room 201 which faces the street and thus all the noise. I asked for a room in the back with my reservation but upon arrival was told all those room were gone and I checked in at 11:15 am !!!
3. The Bathroom has a sink that is the smallest I have ever seen. A bar sink is huge compared to this sink. Besides the bathroom being small, there was a walk in closet off the bathroom that was bigger than the bathroom !!! Also the toilet is a very small toilet and I would not recommend for any of those who may be somewhat larger than normal.
4. We placed a reservation for a Queen room with a Queen bed, but room 201 only had a double full bed. Very tight fit sleeping for two.
5. The hotel said "breakfast included". Although there is a restaurant on the first floor, what they consider a breakfast is tea or coffee, with a banana or orange and a few sweet rolls. I was under the impression that a "breakfast" really included eggs, bacon, toast, etc. This was only a small continental breakfast.
6. The full or double bed was comfortable.
7. The flat screen TV has a small 24 or 27 inch screen. However, the internet (included) did work well
8. The website says the parking is extra and is $54.00 in cost for overnight. I did find a parking lot behind the building that was $30.00 for 24 hours. You can also park at the Union Square Garage for $38 for 24 hours and walk the 3 blocks to the hotel.

Unfortunately the night we stayed (a weeknight) was a rainy night and this room was exceptionally noisy and I got no sleep that night. Due to the noise alone I would not return to this hotel ever again. I told the receptionist at the lobby desk and she just said she was sorry, shrugged her shoulders and said have a nice day.

There are so many hotels in San Francisco to choose from and this is not one I would recommend (but my wife would just for it San Francisco cuteness)

Room Tip: As far from the front that you can get.....
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple