“a light lunch on a gray day”

The Castro Republic
Ranked #1,703 of 6,272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a friendly Mexican cafe with lots of windows and light. I had a large glass of white sangria ($8) and two pork tacos ($4 each). Everything was delicious, and I was served promptly and with smiles.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite neighborhood places to go and end up going fairly regularly on wed for the $2 tacos. My favorite is the fried fish or the mushroom taco.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Came here for a weekend brunch. Amazingly friendly staff, from the hostess to the server and busboys, everyone was just so enthusiastic and positive. Bloody Mary was great and the salmon Benedict delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Love this place for brunch or dinner. Cuban Benedict with the slow roasting pork, forest ham, poached eggs and spicy hollandaise sauce is a must. Wednesday is taco night and tacos are $2 and sangria $4.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I went for lunch by myself and sat at the bar. Service was friendly and well-timed. My lunch was OK but I think it lacked a little bit of flavor. I was expecting something a little bit more local. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Most likely just what I ordered and I had two great of an expectation. I may try again but I might not.