“Good steak and seafood.”
Review of ALBA Restaurant

ALBA Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 306 Restaurants in Quincy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Went on a wed evening so relatively quiet. Beautiful restaurant. We were a large party. Steaks and sides were good. Cod with lobster special was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt our server was intentionally recommending a more expensive bottle of wine for no good reason. Direct quote "it's better. Look at the price." Really? I also fail to understand why this restaurant is listed as Italian. Almost no Italian dishes on menu.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

Along with my brother, took my mother to Alba's, at her request, for her 80th birthday. I doubted that the quality of the steaks would be as good as she claimed, but I was wrong. The steaks wee as good, maybe even better, than those at the high end steakhouses in downtown Boston. The oysters, sides, and dessert were all outstanding as well. The service was almost excellent, which leads me to my one, fairly significant issue.

To celebrate the occasion, we brought along with us a bottle of Moet and several bottles wine my brother had bought from a Napa winery he had recently visited.
That's when we were told that Alba's did not allow outside champagne or wines. Seriously? In 2015?

I know of no other fine dining establishment that has such a restrictive policy. Final assessment of the evening was that the food was great but the "amateur-hour" wine policy precluded any future visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Steak house, local place, fun roof deck, always consistently good food. We hadn't been in for a while and it was definitely as good as I remembered. Best and only place for good steak in area and beyond.

1  Thank Smaartone
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Great restaurant for a "date night". Good quality food. Atmosphere is great for holding a conversation.

1  Thank DawnMae71
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

The waitress was rude and arrogant.
For a place touted for their steaks I have never had a worse steak. I ordered a tenderloin anticipating a lean piece of meat.
It was literally the worst steak I've ever had.
Every piece I cut from it was loaded with gristle.
It was like they read my mind and gave me exactly what I didn't want !

1  Thank Barry D

Been to ALBA Restaurant? Share your experiences!