I read the reviews about this place so I was ready for the "dated" unit. It was like a cabin in the woods with a fabulous screened porch and great view of the water.
easy to get to and from Bar Harbor
fully equiped kitchen
someone above us that you could hear walking around
no deadbolt lock or additional lock other than key lock
parking right off of the street
no paper products except for toilet paper (asked and got tissues)
overall a good experience and nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine