Review Highlights
Great tour but not the best with email communication prior to trip

I started communicating with this company in July for a tour in November. We were on a cruise and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
raftingbuff
Burbank, California
Personal service by a locsl guide

Reviewed 26 July 2017
makana073
Kansas City

All reviews culture guide tour island guam
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The cruise ship tour agency arrangements fell through. There were many of us just wandering around the dock with no transportation and wondering how to sight see in Guam. I was so fortunate to spot what looked liked a tour guide car and asked the driver for help. She said she would be glad to help us and then ended up giving us a whole day tour of the island. That woman is now the owner of DISCOVER GUAM. She took us to the spots everyone wants to see, but also to those of World War II history interest to me.When she found out it was my birthday she had the chef make a cake for me. Be prepared for a new owner who will give you the most personal care and attention while you visit Guam.

1  Thank makana073
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We only had a few hours on a stopover to Guam and had a wonderful short tour with our guides! They were very accommodating , worked within the time limits we had and showed us the beautiful sights of their city. It was very interesting to hear about Guam's culture and people from the "locals"! Thanks very much!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DiscoverGuam, Owner at Discover Guam, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hafa Adai! Thank you so much for taking time to review our company. Discover Guam has been locally owned and operated since 1989 so we do pride ourselves with "the local way" of sharing our island's culture, history, and natural beauty. It's good to hear we made an impression even during your short layover on Guam. We hope your next visit to Guam will be longer and if you stay on a Wednesday we can personally take you around the Night Market at Chamorro Village where there's local food, dancing, and shopping with local artists and handcrafters!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Okay, first thing first: we didn't do any tours with them and here's why...

We were looking for tour and sightseeing options and called them one morning. We thot we'd check out the Guam Tourism Bureau (GTB) and then decide our plans.

It's weird nobody seems to know where the GTB was and it's even weirder when we finally got to GTB the lady there didn't know anything about tours and attractions Guam has to offer. Any question resulted in: let me Google that for you...

After the frustrating experience, we called Discover Guam again which turned out to be right across the street from GTB so we paid a visit.

The lady was very knowledgeable and super friendly and welcoming. We even got to talk about non-Guam everyday things and ended up being there for good 45 mins.

The only reason we didn't go on a tour with them was because of what we wanted to see would have required a custom tour which they were happy to provide but would have required a little bit more time to arrange, which sadly we didn't have.

While I cannot comment on the quality of their tour, they were definitely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about their stuff.

1  Thank travelingpinguis
DiscoverGuam, Owner at Discover Guam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hafa Adai,

I apologize for this delayed response but as the new owner of Discover Guam I am just learning of our company listing on TripAdvisor. I wanted to take time to respond to every review our company has received thus far. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, especially since you didn't have the opportunity to tour with us. I do recall your phone call and coming across the street from Guam Visitors Bureau to meet with us. If only you had more time we would have loved to take you around our island. We look forward to your next visit and be sure to include Wednesday night so we can personally take you around our Chamorro Village Night Market. Si Yu'os Ma'ase.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Tue “Discover Guam Special Tour“ was 125$ and I was told on the phone it would cover almost the whole Island, as there wasn`t any proper itinerary available.
July was a nice lady, she just wasn`t to much like a tourguide. She took us to different places where she had not to share to many informations. Every free tour I had so long in my travelling was more structured, as there was no timelimit in the places.We were just hanging around and she was basically trying to anwer our questions which we had to ask all the time to drag some informations about the places out of her. It felt like it was just extremely expensive transportation. She wasn`t prepared at all and could sometimes not even find proper answers but told us several times she doesn`t know.Even when we asked for explantions she just said we should read out the signs ourselves!!!So dissapointing! As we were hanging around so long(very boring when you don`t have a real tour)there was just time for two lovers point and Hagatna! I could be a tourguide if thats everything you have to know about your place! Who gave her a certificate??But she also said she is doing all kinds of stuff and its not her main job.
Don`t make tourists pay so much for something thats a hobby to you!!!!!!

Hafa Adai,

Let me begin by apologizing for this delayed response since I just recently purchased this company so I am just learning about its listing on TripAdvisor just this week. I would also like to apologize for your tour experience with Julie not meeting your expectations. I became Managing Director in 2009 but this is the first time I ever received a negative review on Julie so we definitely want to learn from this and make any necessary adjustments to improve future experiences. Since Julie is over 60 years in age her style is a little more laid back but be rest assured that we have about 30 on our staff of all age groups, plus resources of plenty Independent Tour Guides for hire as needed. All Guam tour guides are required by Guam Visitors Bureau to graduate from Tour Guide Certification curriculum. Discover Guam has been locally owned and operated for over 27 years, specializing in private and custom tours, so I apologize again if we did not match you/your group with a more "structured" tour guide to meet your expectations. We do have structured tour itineraries for specific 3-hour versus 4-hour, etc. tour packages and even provide 1-day to 3-day itineraries upon request. I hope that you will contact me directly at marte.discoverguam@gmail.com so I can get more details from you and provide an acceptable solution. I hope that you will give me the chance to make things rights and next time you are on Guam please contact me and I will personally conduct a structured tour for you/your group.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Did the island scenic tour with Julie. She was knowledgeable and accommodating. She gave us a nice soft tour of Guam. They also reply very quickly via email which is always a plus point.

Hafa Adai,

As the previous manager and now as the new owner of Discover Guam, I am just learning of our company listing on TripAdvisor so I wanted to take the time to respond to every review received thus far. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we will continue to improve upon our services. Even though Discover Guam has been locally owned and operated since 1989 we believe there is always room for improvements. We look forward to your next visit and sharing more of our island culture with you. Si Yu'os Ma'ase.