“Nice tour of Guam”

Discover Guam
Ranked #2 of 2 Shopping in Tamuning
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Guam is a locally MWB owned and operated since 1989 specializing in private and custom tours. With multiple awards for Excellence in Tourism, you can enjoy a personal touch during your visit and experience the Hafa Adai Spirit! Discover Guam...the local way! NOTE: Multi-lingual tour guides available upon request in advance.
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Did the island scenic tour with Julie. She was knowledgeable and accommodating. She gave us a nice soft tour of Guam. They also reply very quickly via email which is always a plus point.

DiscoverGuam, Owner at Discover Guam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hafa Adai,

As the previous manager and now as the new owner of Discover Guam, I am just learning of our company listing on TripAdvisor so I wanted to take the time to respond to every review received thus far. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we will continue to improve upon our services. Even though Discover Guam has been locally owned and operated since 1989 we believe there is always room for improvements. We look forward to your next visit and sharing more of our island culture with you. Si Yu'os Ma'ase.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"guam"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting WW2 sites in the Pacific and the tour Mr. Ed Feeler gave us was Outstanding. Ed knows an amazing amount of detailed information. I had done some research on the battle of Guam, but Ed filled in details and showed us where events took place. Truly amazing what a great tour guide can accomplish. Thank you Ed.

Hafa Adai,

As the previous manager and now as the new owner of Discover Guam, I am discovering our company listing on TripAdvisor and wanted to take time to respond to every review. So I apologize that I am just responding now. I am so glad you enjoyed your detailed WWII tour with Ed as your guide. If I recall correctly, your wife was your travel agent who I coordinated with on the phone calls and you came out with your son. We really wanted this Father & Son experience to leave a lasting impression and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again with the whole family next time! Si Yu'os Ma'ase.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We had nearly 24 hours between flights travelling back from Truk Lagoon and wanted to learn more about Guam. Following on from the WWII theme in Truk we chose this tour.
We booked the tour while in Truk and Discover Guam were very helpful with good communication getting straight back to me. We arranged a pick up from a local hotel and the guide was able to take our suitcases in his car and dropped as back at the airport saving us a taxi fare.

Our guide was brilliant and very knowledgeable about the history of the Island and its people as well as the WWII events. We visited some key battle sites as well as the caves and museum. As well as the WWII sites we also saw a few key places around Guam which was nice. We finished up the tour at the Pacific National Historical Park Visitors Centre. It was all very interesting and we felt that we could have spent longer learning even more had we have had more time.

Highly recommended if you want to learn more about Guam and how it was affected by WWII.

Hafa Adai,

Since I recently became owner of Discover Guam and learned of our company listing on TripAdvisor, I wanted to take time to acknowledge every review we have received thus far. Thank you for such a detailed review so future visitors will know that we can accommodate visitors who transit through Guam, whether their layover is short or quite long as yours allowed you a short hotel stay. We are proud of our WWII guides who are really seasoned in this subject and can educate tourists about our island's history to leave a lasting impression. We can even include hikes to Piti Guns and tank farm when the tourists are capable. Again, thank you for your review and we welcome you back to see more of our island. Si Yu'os Ma'ase.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

It went to many areas of the island. I did the WWII tour. It brought you to many areas of the island that were affected during WWII. Guide was very knowledgeable. It was sort of a usual tour. I would have liked to see more of the battle areas. Not homes from original settlers or church grounds of the original settlers.

Hafa Adai,

As the recently new owner of Discover Guam, I am learning of our company listing on TripAdvisor. As a result, I am making the effort to respond to every review to thank you for taking the time to review our company and help us to improve our tour services for future visitors to Guam.

In the past, we have packaged most of the popular tours to be 3-4 hours in duration, based upon previous visitors preferring morning tours because of our hot temperatures. Your WWII was only structured for 4 hours and although we include Ga'an Point and Asan Beach battle sites in the itinerary we do include the PLaza de Espana for its relation to WWII as well as Spanish era. It is sometimes difficult to control how much our guests decide to stay at both War in The Pacific T. Stell Newman Visitors Center and Pacific War Museum but we prefer to be flexible based upon our guest's preference. We have also conducted full-day and 3-day WWII Excursions for Military Veterans previously. The next time you visit Guam please contact me directly at marte.discoverguam@gmail.com and we can arrange to customize your tour to include the additional WWII sites on our island. We can even include hikes to Piti Guns and the Sherman Tank in Yona's tank farm, if you are capable of hiking. Some sites are on military bases so we cannot guarantee access to them because we must comply with security protocol. Again, thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to your next visit. Si Yu'os Ma'ase.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We were 20 Cruise Critic Holland America passengers on our Shore Excursion “Tour of the Southern Island of Guam” through “Discover Guam Tours” so we may see the real Guam and island cultures highlighted with our tour of Gef Pa'go Cultural Village. Lou Aguon-Schulte the president of Discover Guam Tours personally communicated with us by email over the months of planning and coordinated our local fiesta lunch accompanied by a Chamorro dance performance by an award-winning cultural dance group Inetnon Gef Pa'go.
Our arrival at Apra Habour was with the standard confusion of tours trying to find their guests. An official pretty representative from Discover Guam Tours met us outside the gate and led us to our nice big air conditioned tour bus where we met our tour guide Emily. We are off to Nimitz Hill to visit the Asan Bay Overlook (TA Sights & Landmarks) a national park. Emily explained how WWII directly impacted Guam and Signalman First Class George Ray Tweed evaded capture on the island to swim out to the Navy ships and help the military liberate the island. Her family was an intricate part of the food train to supply George Tweed with food during the Japanese occupation.
On to picture perfect Umatac Bay and Fort Nuestra Senora de la Soledad (TA Sights & Landmarks) were we learn of Mexico’s presence on the island and Ferdinand Magellan’s landing in 1521. Our air conditioned bus kept us comfortable as we drove along the southern end of the island to Guam’s oldest 300-year-old village of Inarajan where we all enjoyed the scrumptious fiesta lunch. The cultural dancing of Inetnon Gef Pa'go kept us mesmerized. The songs were sung in Chamarro which gives it a totally different flare.
The official elder of the Historic Inarajan and Gef Pa'go Cultural Village (TA Historic Sight) is introduced as our guide who has his PHD, is a retired professor and loves teaching others his Chamorro culture. This is not a tourist trap; it is an authentic educational learning experience that we all enjoyed. We strolled the ancient streets of Inarajan watched by the knowing eyes of the villagers on our way to George Flores Old Store and History Center (TA Sights & Landmarks).
During our bus ride to Fort Apugan (TA Sights & Landmarks) and Fort Santa Agueda overlook of Hagåtña (pronounced [həˈɡɑtɲə]), formerly English Agana /əˈɡɑːnjə/ and in Spanish Agaña, the capital of Guam, Emily sang for us accompanied by her ukulele and led us in some invigorating group songs. Emily kept us on time so that we did return to the ship as scheduled for a perfect shore excursion.

4  Thank Michael P

Hafa Adai,

First of all, thank you for the "official pretty representative" description you gave me when I met your group at the passenger exit gate at Port Authority of Guam! It was my pleasure to identify our cruise passengers booked for Discover Guam and get you all to the right bus as quickly as possible. I recently bought the company from Lou and learned about our company listing on TripAdvisor so I wanted to take the time to respond to every review we received thus far. We appreciate the time you took to write such a comprehensive and detailed review regarding your experience, and we have received other bookings as a result of your review so again I thank you so much for making a difference! We shared your review with Emily as well so she was glad that she left you all with a lasting impression of the Hafa Adai spirit.

We take pride in our culture and look forward to sharing our island's beauty, history and culture with future tourists, whether they arrive by air or by sea! Si Yu'os Ma'ase!