“Unique”

Tessarea Vaitogi Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pago Pago
Tessarea Vaitogi Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Pago Pago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I like staying at places that are off the beaten path and I don't support or really like large chain hotels. This place is a small family owned unit in the village of Vaitogi. If you're going to AS, you might as well support the little guys and stay someplace with heart. While there, Lomi, the owner's son put my colleague and I up here. They picked us up from the airport and we made it to his hotel around 1am. He didn't expect payment until we left, 10 days later. They take cash only. Extremely nice people!

I was there to do earthquake research after the tsunami hit the island in September of 2009 so my situation may have been unique. The rooms were very adequate for what we were there for. If I was honey mooning in AS, I wouldn't stay here. Otherwise, it's great! The AC worked very well in the rooms. There was t.v., a full kitchen with utensils and dinnerware. The room had a mini fridge as well. There is abundant fruit on the hotel grounds such as papaya, coconut and banana.

For nightlife or a bar, just head over to the Tradewinds which is a real short (~1 mile) drive from the hotel. I would stay here again, since I became good friends with Lomi, which is easy for anyone to do! Talofa!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
9  Thank jlfox74
Reviewed 21 August 2007

Definitely a warm and inviting place to stay. Owned by a wonderful Samoan couple, this place is a great spot to just relax at and kick your sandals off at the end of the day.

They have a nice pool area that the kids can really enjoy and the place is located close to plenty of great scenic spots. It is actually in the same village where the legendary Turtle and Shark appear. If you have a chance to see that please go. It is one of the most amazing things you will ever experience.

The place offers a nice clean place to stay at reasonable prices. It is close to many things on the island the staff is very friendly. If you have a chance to meet the family that owns the place, they are definitely a very loving family and it was such a great time that we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank Ieremia
Reviewed 4 May 2007

We stayed here for an anniversary evening. Tessarea is one of the few private inns here on the island. I didn't want the hotel scene from Tradewinds or Sadies By The Sea.

First, Tessarea is not really a Bed & Breakfast.... it's simply a small motel. I believe the motel has about 5 or 6 rooms. They also have a pool and a hot tub.

The Inn is located in a residential area. You're not within comfortable walking distance to beaches, stores or restaurants. There are no beautiful views (like Turtle & Shark) and it's not close to the golf course (like Talolo Lodge) However, it is very quiet.

I found the room to be very large and accomodating. It had a nice A/C and TV. The staff was OK, but because of the size of the hotel, there may or may not be someone at the front desk when you arrive.

I'd probably recommend this property for someone looking for a long-term stay... but not a short visit. For your money, you're much better off at the Tradewinds or Sadie's By The Sea. And if you're looking for a true Bed & Breakfast, head to Turtle & Shark or Talolo Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17  Thank samoamurphy