US$120
US$116
TripAdvisor
All reviewsequator restaurantamerican samoaclose to the airportcontinental breakfast isnice poolenjoyed my staychecking inchristmas decorationsstaff are very friendly and helpfulminute driveupon checknational parktv channelsstayed two nightsair conditionedlobbytradewinds
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Arrived late at night with a very warm welcome. Very accomodating people. Pool is nice but sometimes crowded. Pool furniture is rotting and falling apart, and wind blows much of it around the yard. The rooms are comfortable with wired internet and that is sometimes flakey. There is only one wireless carrier on the island and that is Bluesky. Don't expect your Verizon phones to work here, as I have a Blackberry and a Droid neither get signal. only 11 channels on tv so plan on doing something other than watching tv. Great place to lay your head at night, just kinda out of the way of everything on the island.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank CurryRussell
Reviewed 15 November 2009

these folks worked their tails off to make the guys feel welcomed. Due to guest volume, the group had to share rooms; cots and roll-outs are better than sofas. ;o)

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DenglerFam
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The rooms were cleaned and very nice. I went there with my son and family for the weekend. What a wonderful getaway. They have four children and the kids were never bored. They had the pool, which they loved and breakfast. Simple, yet filling. Friday evening we went to the restaurant next door, where they had a great buffet and Pacific Island dancers. It was interactive, the kids love it as well as the adults.
However, what made our time there wonderful was the staff both of the resort and restaurant. They were the best. Always serving with a smile and promptness. No matter where in the resort, if you passed a staff person there was a greeting. i felt very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travelfox56
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This hotel is approximately 5 years old. It has all the modern comforts that a typical US hotel chain would have including an outdoor pool, internet cafe, on-site ATM bank machine, laundry, gift shop, hairdresser, spa/massage, on-site restaurant except the hotel has ZERO personality. It would be a lovely place to stay if the rooms weren’t so expensive and the front reception staff were professionally trained and actually provided customer service. Unfortunately that is not the case.

PROS
* Complimentary internet - There are also computers available to use in the hotel cafe. Alternatively you can access free wireless internet in the hotel cafe or lobby area. In the hotel rooms you will need your own computer and access is via Ethernet cable
* Complimentary airport shuttle pick up/ drop off service (anytime) – Be warned, arrange your airport pick up time with the hotel well in advance otherwise you could be standing around waiting for the shuttle service for some time! The hotel is approx 2-4 min drive from the airport (20 min walk)
* Close proximity to the airport, public bus stop (very cheap) and a variety of grocery style stores e.g. Trader Johns. It is also a short walk to a Costco style large supermarket (Warning - US sized everything i.e. large, large, large!)
* Self serve laundry room with coin-operated washing and drying machines (as at 10 Sept 09, $1 USD per load) – either bring your own washing powder or buy some cheaply from the store across the road. The hotel front reception does not stock washing powder/ liquid to sell to hotel guests.

CONS
* Overpriced rooms (internet rate in Sept 09 = $150 USD per night)
* Tired and worn furnishings including in the fitness centre (hotel in need of refurbishment)
* Poorly trained, inexperienced and sometimes rude front of house staff
* Inefficient hotel internet booking system – Q: How are you expected to make a hotel room booking if (i) your internet booking system doesn’t work and (ii) the hotel reception staff refuse to make a booking over the telephone?
* Limited selection at complimentary self-serve style breakfast. For $150 USD per night rate, you’d expect a bit more than a small packet of cornflakes, juice concentrate, coffee, toast and canned peaches
* Overpriced “optional” breakfast menu and poor food presentation ($10 USD = x3 thin strips of bacon and x2 fried eggs that looked like they had been run over by the hotel shuttle van)
* Limited food selection in the hotel restaurant. For an island country with coconut trees in abundance, it is astonishing that Samoan oka (traditional raw fish dish) is served with canned rather than real coconut cream.

SUMMARY
Memorable for all the WRONG reasons. Avoid it like the plague, unless you really have no other place to stay in Pago Pago.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nga_Mihi
Reviewed 23 July 2009

BEWARE: They charge you the entire stay up front. If you leave early it is HELL getting a refund. It has taken us about a week and we don't have it refunded yet. I changed the reservation of a team member that was arriving late to one night instead of ten. Upon his arrival, he was charged for ten nights stay. He didn't catch it because he had been awake traveling for 24 hours. If you must stay there - try to avoid being charged the full amount up front for your own safety. As far as my value rating - right now two nights cost me $1500. So that is why it isn't a value - Sadies is cheaper and right on the beach, near restaurants and shops.

Hotel staff is nice, hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable. This hotel is located in a neighborhood. Nowhere near a beach or activities. AFter two days, my travel team decided to change hotels to one in town and on the beach that was also less expensive.

We were working the day we checked out of Tradewinds, so I packed up in a hurry, left an entire drawer full of clothes in one of the three drawers. I called that night when I was moving into our new rooms at Sadies's by the Sea because it was when I realized I didn't have everything. Nobody answered. Went to hte hotel the next morning and they had thrown away everything. This is small island, everyone knows everything, including hte fact that we weren't leaving there were no flights out that day and that we were changing hotels, but they threw away all my things. Yes, I shouldn't have left them there, but it really doesn't sit well with me. I had to buy all new things. Fortunately I did have a few clothes from my second drawer that I did pack.

The refund requires that we go in person every day. We had been promised many times that they would refund some of it daily and send an email. That has never occurred. So that is why I ussued the caution about being charged the full amount up front. If your plans change, your money is still charged for quite a while on that card. Make sure you read your credit card policies well so you have an extra layer of protection should they just never get around to issuing you a refund.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business