“All-natural, all-DELICIOUS shave ice”
Review of The Local Hawaii

The Local Hawaii
Ranked #5 of 11 Dessert in Kailua
Reviewed 2 July 2018

The Local Hawaii is located inside the Aloha Beach Club store along Hekili Street in Kailua. It was tricky to find but so worth the effort (if you get to the Target store, you’ve gone a little too far)!! Upon entering the store, the shave ice stand is off to the left. It is very simple, with just a few flavor options but all are made with only natural ingredients, which sets it apart from pretty much every other shave ice place we found on the island.
The ice is finely shaved and maintains its consistency, not becoming hard or chunky. You can choose up to three flavors (I chose pineapple, vanilla and strawberry). You can opt to have vanilla ice cream at the bottom of your cup.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I was on the hunt for a local shaved ice place because Matsumoto at the North Shore had a ridiculously long line. I was excited to find The Local Hawaii!

It is located inside a clothing shop called Aloha Hawaii. It’s a little hard to find if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Look for the building that has several shops with colorful doors like yellow and turquoise. The location won’t have their name on the top of the store. Rather, it’s on their window.

The flavors all sounded great but we went with the strawberry and pineapple. It was absolutely delicious!! I’m craving it again already and look forward to going back a couple more times this week before we head home.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant to try shaved ice. Everyone told me I had to try it while here visiting. I am not a fan of artificial fruit flavor and high fructose corn syrup. My daughter found Local Hawaii on Yelp. We were at the beach and stopped on our way back to the house. This was delicious! REAL fruit juice and organic liquid cane sugar. Great flavors. We will be back!!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Stopped in here for a delicious shaved Ice - a must while in Hawaii. This is basically a small boutique with a section that offers shaved ice. Though not cheap I had a custom flavor with ice cream which ran around $6. It was worth every penny.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The parking is pretty limited and it's hard to know where to head if you don't know it's in a clothing store. It took awhile to find it but it was worth it. There was a Tamarind flavor! So rare to find so it was a nice treat.