“Very good sushi and inexpensive”
Review of Ninja Sushi

Ninja Sushi
Ranked #59 of 154 Restaurants in Kailua
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Great. This was our first time here -- but won't be the last. Only two concerns: Closed on Sunday and Monday and we normally go to Kailua/Lanikai on Sundays. Sad that we can't eat there when we normally visit. The soy sauce wasn't Kikoman. It was very, very strong and pungent -- probably a Chinese sauce. It does make a difference.

We had two rolls. The T dragon with fake crab. And a Tiger roll. Both were fabulous. I also had two orders of nigiri unagi. That was also fantastic.

Pretty inexpensive and good quality. We used to frequent one in Ward that's converted to a private non-chain restaurant. Ninja seems to be a pretty high quality and inexpensive sushi chain. I know whenever I see one while out and about we'll be stopping there!

Reviewed 20 May 2015

The staff is always friendly and patient. You don't feel rushed. There's a lot to choose from but I always order the Udon lunch box. The California roll is fresh and the various nigiri is fantastic. We always have a good experience here.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Decided to give ninja sushi a try after reading some reviews. Despite its appearance, the menu is quite varied from nigiri to bento boxes. However they do not offer sashimi!?!? Which we thought was very odd indeed.

We ended up ordering a selection of nigiri options but requested no rice ( only way to get sashimi style ), but the cuts still turned up nigiri sized :(

The quality was pretty good, although the unagi was cold and no sashimi available it left us to believe a lot of the menu is pre-prepared style cuts.

If you are after a sushi fix in Kaikua, yes ninja sushi is ok. If you are a sushi snob or crave quality and perfection, you may wish to look elsewhere.

Will be back for a light lunch soon ....

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I really enjoy Sushi. This little place in a shopping plaza doesn't look like much, but the food was great, and the customer service is excellent! They only have 5-6 tables, but we were lucky enough to get in and enjoy a nice lunch.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

There are many Ninja Sushi's on island, but Kailua's is top notch. For "fast food" sushi, it's some of the best I've had hands down, and the BEST I've had in Hawaii. I was super impressed with this place when I found it and it's extremely affordable. Give the spicy maki a try, you won't be disappointed.