“The best Tempura I've had”

Noboru Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Noboru Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 155 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2015

The best Tempura I've had, Hot and wonderfully crisp. The mixed tempura is with delicious, perfectly fried veggies and the the tonkatsu was excellent as well as the chicken katsu. Three can eat there for around $60.00,Beer and wine are 1/2 price for happy hour and free pupu's w/ 1st round. Small place, maybe 10 tables, but Blain the waiter is great. Chef is in from Japan so knows his Tempura! We've bee there twice in the last couple of weeks.

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Loved the food and the service!!! Will be going back!! My husband and I thought the fish was very fresh, the salad delicate and the flavor were very well developed. And everyone was friendly and helpful!

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Everytime I visit family in Kailua Nobaru is always on the list. Amazing little place with amazing food.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

Liked the amazing selection and great knowledge of the service staff - Portions were a good size and a great selection of Japanese craft beers and sake.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

My opinion may be a little bias but when we first found this place in July 2013, we were a little skeptical about finding that perfect meal on Oahu. We are Japanese food lover but after one meal in Noboru, we spend almost every other night at this restaurant for the entire 3 weeks of vacation. That was July 2013.

But that craving for Noboru's bowl of chirashi never went away. We came back again in July 2014. As soon as we got down the plane, we drove directly to Noboru for lunch. We spend the next 3 weeks trying other dishes and we love the syabu-syabu, the freshness of the sushi and crunchy salmon skin sashimi, the desserts and of course the chirashi. It was worth paying for the food. My husband doesn't cringe when the bill comes as he does so very often in other places.

My kids love the tempura ice cream and the green tea ice cream while I find the sake soaked creme caramel yummy.

1  Thank Avril_Jennin