“Orange chicken ”

Yen Yen Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 154 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend this place. Stopped here for lunch today and got the orange chicken which the man behind the counter recommended and it was delicious. This is a must if your looking for Chinese food, ESPECIALLY ORANGE CHICKEN!!!

1  Thank Chandler J

Reviewed 14 January 2016

This is one of the best quality Chinese restaurants for the windward side. ALWAYS good with excellent service at a good price. Never miss with this one.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Stopped here for lunch after a morning at Kailua Beach. I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken lunch special, which included steamed rice and 2 crispy wontons for $6.75. My daughter ordered the Shrimp Fried Rice, and my wife ordered a chicken dish, which I don't recall. All 3 dishes were generous portions. The shrimp in the shrimp fried rice was the frozen baby shrimp you'd buy in your local grocery store. Not a big deal, but they weren't seasoned at call and they were barely room temperature. My wife complained that her dish had very little flavor, while my Kung Pao Chicken was fairly good. On the positive side, service was quick and the dining room was clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

We got takeout for a large family gathering. We ended up throwing most of it away. Although the crispy gau gee was good, the rest of our order was inedible. We had Mongolian Beef, some noodle dish that they recommended when we asked for lo mein, sweet and sour spare ribs and orange chicken. The food was bland and overcooked. The beef seemed as though it had been boiled for a very long time. The vegetables in the noodle dish were mushy. My mother-in-law called to complain about the horrible food. They refused to remake any if it. Instead they offered a discount off a future order, which is useless because we'll never order food from there again.

1  Thank AnnSproule
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Nearly empty just past lunch; should have been a clue.
Brusk waitress: should have been a clue.
Tasteless chicken vegetables; should have been a clue.
Industrial tasting sweet sour pork; should have been a clue.
Tainted Old Greasy Egg Rolls: case solved.