“Best Chinese Food In Kailua”

Yen Yen Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 154 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice local Chinese restaurant, you can find it in the Enchanted Lake (not lakes) shopping center. We enjoy the friendly atmosphere, great prices, large menu, good portions and you can eat in or order take out. Not a five star restaurant but we are very happy to recommend our favorite Chinese restaurant for their great quality, quantity, price and friendly service.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The food is great, nice and quick, and our kids (2&5) love it. They look after us well. Their Crispy Chicken is awesome!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have been eating at Yen Yen Chinese Restaurant once a month for about a year now, and I am still satisfied. I normally like to order the Hot & Sour Soup (which is a little different every time I order), Shrimp canton, Asparagus and beef, and their cake noodles (which is great). I would much rather do take-out than dine in because it gets a little crowded after 6pm. So, if you are planning on having dinner at Yen Yen, try going between 5:30 and 6pm and be ready to order. If you are going for more flavor, than I would suggest that you try foods that have black bean sauce (which can be a little salty for some), and also get noodle dishes with veggies and meat as I feel that these dishes turn out to be the most flavorful. The Hot & Sour soup is amazing, however, sometimes it has a lot of heat so stay clear if you can't handle spices like chili peppers. Like I said, I usually do take out, but it is only because I live a minute away from the restaurant, but it is so worth it if you are planning on having a picnic at the park or if you are taking food to a potluck.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

How lucky we are to dine in this little Chinese restaurant in Enchanted Lake, Kailua and found out the Chef is from Hong Kong and has more than 45-45 year of experiences. The restaurant is offering real Cantonese Hong Kong Style Chinese food. Highly recommended. Price is so good too.

Reviewed 4 October 2009

This place has some of the best fried rice on the island (order the house special). All the other stuff is pretty good too. Always got to have some char-siu and some spicy chicken. They do have a large menu to choose from, enough to please everybody. If you’re there at lunch time they do have some specials, the oyster sauce chicken over cake noodles rocks! Quick service too, you never have to wait long.