“Great meal!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018

By far the best meal we had in Oahu. All 4 members of our party loved their dish. The salad was so good and house dressing amazing. Service could not have been better. A must visit in Honolulu!!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I frequent this restaurant and were happy again with the food. My husband got the chicken saltimbocca and I got the shrimp assagio and they were both great. Recommend to anyone they is looking for Italian food that is like the mainland, moderately priced.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, coupled with great service.

We had a party of 10 and the staff were very patient and very attentive to all of our needs. The food was all cooked fabulously - although, they were American sized portions, so we only needed a main (which, incidentally, in the USA is called an Entrée) and a dessert.

On the whole, fabulous.

Highly recommended this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We'd been looking for a restaurant for a small family gathering that would graciously cater to seven and nine-year-olds, yet quiet enough that we could hear ourselves converse. (Too many restaurants these days seem to think cacophony generates energy and excitement.) Two of our past favorites were out of business so we settled on Assagio in Kailua. We'd had spotty experiences at other Assagio venues in Oahu so we were a bit skeptical. This site, however, overcame our concerns and gave us a great experience. Though the restaurant was already full when we arrived for our seating, the noise level was moderate and we were all able to enjoy family conversation. The children were kept occupied with coloring books and crayons as soon as we were seated.

Our server was quite helpful, allowing us adequate time to choose from the robust menu. Though there was no children's menu, she immediately informed us they were able to split orders for kids. She was also very flexible in taking and filling the children's orders first while we continued to peruse the menu.

One thing quite nice about Assagio's is the option to order dishes in small or large portions. This is wonderful for those of us who can barely get around usual huge portions served in most restaurants. The calamari and shrimp appetizers were very good. The bread was warm and quite generous in two baskets for seven of us. One in our party order the appetizer fish salad as an entree and, to be sure, it was large enough that it could have been listed as an entree. Our other orders were chicken and veal Parmesan and a carbonaro dish that was said to be quite rich. My only disappointment was that the veal was a bit tough and skimpy on the Parmesan. But then I'm used to east coast Italian Parm dishes slathered with cheese. However, I was able to have gluten free pasta as my side dish. The desert menu is quite nice though I have had better mud pie. Our server was fantastic, so respectful of our family time, yet attentive when we needed her.

All in all, the experience was a good one and we were able to check off all the items on our wish list for this once a year family gathering. In my book, this is the best of the island's Assagios!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We were thoroughly impressed with our visit to Assagios! Every entree was delectable. All cocktails, especially the Lychee martini, were perfect. The tiramisu was the best I’ve ever eaten. Service was good, however our server was a bit elusive but I’d rather have that instead of a server that is intrusive. Highly recommend this hidden gem in downtown Kailua.

Date of visit: July 2018