“quick takeout”
Review of KFC

KFC
Ranked #113 of 155 Restaurants in Kailua
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We had been into the city shopping all day & just needed to pick up something quick to take back to the house, this was perfect.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I've got to comment on the state of fried chicken in The State of Hawaii. KFC classifies Hawaii as International which means management can modify recipes to suit local tastes. That means KFC in Hawaii stands for Katsu Fried Chicken.

No, this isn't your Colonels fried chicken. It isn't even cut the same. A breast is a rib section with the keel cut into strips. Why? That's how Chicken Katsu is made! Then the meat is pounded into cutlets and fried like schnitzel.

There aren't many herbs and even fewer spices. This is chicken waiting for dipping sauce. The staff has plenty so take what's offered. We go for strips with Cole slaw and mashed potatoes. That way at least some of it seems familiar.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is not on the main drag but easily accessible. Service, food, and pricing is typical for KFC....decent.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

I went to KFC twice in the last week. The first time I ordered 3 chicken strips. The service was OK but the strips were the smallest most pathetic pieces of chicken I have seen. They were meat, but were sized more like a small piece of chicken skin heavily breaded and fried. On my second visit I attempted to order a 3 piece meal all white meat. They had no white meat cooked and were supposedly in the process of breading some. If I wanted to wait it would be about 30 minutes. This was at 6:30 p.m. prime dinner time. Thant's OK but I'll just go over to Pizza Hut. Thanks anyway.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

The manager is the best I have ever seen with customer service. He spent several minutes with a woman who was trying to order things not on the menu. He manged to put together several small items to give her very close to what she was looking for.. She sounded like she had never been to KFC before.
The food was hot, quick and very well done.

Been to KFC? Share your experiences!