“Ok for beer but skip if you want a Mai tai”

Whole Foods Wine Bar
Ranked #38 of 154 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Nice place to have a snack and a beer. Ordered a Mai Tai but it was so sour and bitter I couldn't get pass the first sip. It was not the traditional good Mai Tai I get in other places.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch. I got the cauliflower nachos, they were kind of bland and my husband got a bacon cheeseburger medium well. He was disappointed as the burger was raw in the middle and they forgot the bacon (but charged us for it). Maybe if we go another day it isn't crowded it may be better.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This place is obviously usually crowded. Simple and interesting menu. We had the whole pizza custom made. Although the pizza proper had all the good elements to be great, and I had pizzas all over Europe and north America, sadly that one was partly missed. The dough was half to barely not cooked on the bottom. One side slightly more cooked that the other half which was pretty much raw.
This usually indicates an oven which os not at optimal temperature, including the bottom part.
Sadly, we left disappointed.
I would gladly change my review if we try it again and if they get the cooking right.

Other stuff that passed by us seemed interesting.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

First Whole Foods with a bar. Very reasonable prices and a happy hour with discount pizza, beer, and wine. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This has to be one of the more unusual bars I've visited, and it's always packed. Attached to the Whole Foods so you can eat off the menu or grab something in the store and bring it in. Indoor or outdoor dining. Noisy and happening - not ideal for a quiet tete-a-tete. Try the cauliflower nachos - really good.

2  Thank WP_skiwi