“Perfect Family Getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool area with teak dining table.
Honu Villa facing the ocean and pool. Honu (sea turtle) playing in front of home.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool area with teak dining table.
Honu Villa facing the ocean and pool.
Honu (sea turtle) playing in front of home.
2 Honu (sea turtle) playing by house sea wall.
Large Honu (sea turtle) eating seaweed in front of house.
Beautiful sunrise in morning over Diamond Head.
Beautiful sunset from the 2nd floor master-suite lanai.
Pool area with teak dining table with a view of Daimond head.
Pool area with trickling water-fall.
Pool area with Diamond Head view.
Pool area with Diamond Head view and lounge chairs.
East view from pool area.
Pool area and ocean views from 2nd floor lanai.
View of Waikiki and Diamond Head.
View of Waikiki and Diamond Head from 2nd floor lanai.
View of Diamond Head and Waikiki.
View of paddle boarders from 2nd floor lanai.
View of surfers from 2nd floor lanai.
Snorkeler spear fishing for tako (octopus) right in front of house.
View of a cruiseship coming into port from 2nd floor lanai.
Night shot of pool area from 2nd floor lanai.
Sunset from first floor pic1.
Sunset from first floor pic2.
Sunset from first floor pic3.
Sunset from first floor pic4.
Sunset from first floor pic5.
Entry foyer chandelier.
2nd floor master-suite lanai (deck).
Master-bedroom.
Master-bedroom with east view.
Master-bedroom wtih west view.
Master-bathroom.
Master-bathroom marble shower.
Master-bathroom jacuzzi tub with marble tiles.
Direct view of ocean from master-sutie living area.
Master-suite living room with bedroom in background.
Master-suite living room with ocean view.
Master-suite living room area.
Master-suite living/kitchen area.
Entrance to master-suite from 2nd floor hallway.
View of master-suite kitchen facing ocean.
2nd floor bathroom with granite top sink.
2nd floor bathroom with marble tiles and tub/shower.
1st floor kitchen with ocean view.
1st floor kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel applicances.
1st floor dining/living area.
1st floor bar area.
1st floor dining area.
1st floor outside deck/pool area.
2nd Floor Bedroom (Queen Bed)
2nd Floor Bedroom (2 Twin Beds)
Bird's Eye View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Los Angeles, California
“Perfect Family Getaway!”
Reviewed 9 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Honu Villa, when it first popped up in the Trip Advisor listings when I was searching for a place large enough to accommodate my family of 7, seemed almost too good to be true. This was my first visit to Hawaii, and I had been fantasizing about what it was like since I was 5 years old, so I had a lot of idealized notions. As I read about the features and looked at the pictures, it really seemed to me that this would be a perfect place to rent for our family trip, though as I said earlier, it seemed almost too good to be true, and I worried about being disappointed in the reality. I needn't have worried. It turned out to be everything we were looking for, and more!

My family was in Hawaii to inter my father-in-law's ashes at the Punchbowl, and I wanted to be sure that everyone's needs were met. I booked the house for the latter part of our trip, as a place to unwind and just *be*. My mother-in-law suffers from painful arthritic knees, so my main concern was that she have a comfortable room on the ground floor so she wouldn't have to climb stairs. There are three rooms with queen beds, and I was happy to find out beforehand that one of them was on the ground floor. My husband and I stayed in the incredible Master suite upstairs, which features a connected living area with kitchen, great bathroom, and the most perfect balcony lanai, where pretty much everyone spent time watching the sea turtles play in the surf every day. Even my mother-in-law managed to make it up there a couple of times because it was so peaceful and soothing. There are also two rooms with two twin beds, one of them on the ground floor, which connects to the queen bedroom. The other queen bedroom and twin bedroom was on the second floor, and there was enough space that my daughter and her husband, my younger daughter, and my sister-in-law all had their own rooms and space.

Though the house was large and spacious, it had the feel of a cozy family home, and soon enough everyone was hanging out like they were at home, watching TV, playing in the pool, or just watching the surf and crabs over the rock wall. Pretty much everything you could need was furnished, even to beach towels, so there was less to need to bring or purchase for your stay.

The kitchen was perfect for hosting a large family who cooks! After a hectic grocery shopping trip to fill the refrigerator and pantry, it was nice to have a spacious kitchen that is truly fully stocked with every tool and pan you would need. There was even a spice cupboard that was stocked with some basics, and plenty of serving dishes and bowls. Dishwashing detergent is even provided for you for the dishwasher, which is nice!

The dining area and table was large enough to seat all 7 of us, plus my other sister-in-law and her fiancé, who visited with us for dinner one evening. Unfortunately we never had a chance to try dining outside during our visit, but that table was also large enough to accommodate everyone.

The pool is saltwater, which makes sense since the ocean waves were constantly breaking over the rock wall and splashing into the pool area. This would sometimes also include some crabs that hang out on the rock wall, but hey, that's nature, right? ;-)

The house also has a detached garage which has a huge washer and dryer for your use, and that also has detergent and softener provided. The first night there we used the washer and dryer, and unfortunately sometime during the night, the large container of detergent fell off the table where it sat and spilled all over the floor of the garage. When I mentioned it to Jane, the owner, over the phone when she called to check on us, she immediately had it taken care of by her housekeeper, who lives over the garage but who we never saw, otherwise. Great service!

The views were exquisite! As I mentioned earlier, I had harbored idealized visions of what Hawaii was like from my childhood, as well as many episodes of the original Hawaii 5-0. ;-) Many people had warned me in advance that it was no longer like that, just to prepare me for disappointment. However, being at this house brought those idealized visions of Hawaii all back! The location - right on the ocean - allowed you to watch the fireworks off Waikiki on your left, and then watch kayakers or surfers at times, and sea turtles all the rest of the time, as well as an infinite expanse of ocean. I spent hours one morning just sitting on the balcony lanai staring at the ocean and feeling so peaceful. So for us, it was the ideal place to spend the latter part of our trip.

I would highly recommend this gem of a house to families visiting Oahu. It's pretty much everything you could want, and the owner, Jane, was very friendly and made everything easy. And the price is right too! I hope we can someday come back here for another family trip!

Your age range 50-64
lc3692016
Ukiah, California
“Nani (beautiful) and content”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Our family love our stay. The house was so roomy and functioned so well for us. Everything we needed was there and stores were close by, but not to close. Our kids love the stay so much that they only wanted to be at the house instead of site seeing. Our site manager was wonderful and we never knew they were even there. The set up of the house and the way things were labeled help so much. Everything was so wonderful and we are so appreciative. Mahalo for our wonderful amazing stay

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: how at home we all felt. The view and the set up of the house was so wonderful
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Judy D
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Our Family Dream Vacation”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

This house is lovely with plenty of room for a large group and an amazing view! We could see turtles swimming in the water behind the house. Little touches like Hawaiin candy, water, and coffee waiting for us in the house was really nice.
It was great having different seating areas in the house because some people could read, while others were playing games.
We travelled all over the island and found the house to be fairly close to almost all of our destinations. Hawaii is so beautiful that the destinations that were a little further were no problem because the scenery was so amazing that the drive was half of the adventure!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We had a large group, so the size of the house was very important.
Liked least: The washing machine was difficult to operate
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
cvarhall
Jacksonville, Florida
“what a great place to stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The house was beautiful and right on the ocean. Were able to see the turtles everyday swimming by. The attentiveness of the owner was amazing, calling to check on us.
Everything you could possibly need was right at hand. Plenty of room for our family of 9. Wish we could have stayed longer. GREAT VACATION.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, cleanliness and service
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Moogieram
Clovis, California
“Awesome place to stay. The house and the view is amazing!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This beautiful house suited all our needs perfectly. The amazing house and unbeatable view truly enhanced our vacation experience. We would definitely stay here again :-)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing