“Best Mexican food in Maui”

Wailuku Banyan Tree
Ranked #50 of 111 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 September 2014

This is a small hole in the wall restaurant in the city of Wailuku. This is about 10 minutes from the Maui Airport. We had about an hour to waste and decided to drive around following the map from one of the magazines from the airport. we ended up at this place on the corner of N. market and Vineyard. This is a small kitchen with 2 windows where they sell food to go to locals but they have a couple of picnic tables under this beautiful Banyan tree. We were so hungry that we decided to take a chance. My husband was a little nervous because we were about to get in a plane for 5 hours and he really didn't want any belly trouble. This was the best food I had in a long time. The couple that run this place are from Oaxaca, Mexico. the food is delicious. I had the fish taco plate for $8.00. $8.00 ??? I couldn't believe it. I paid $22.00 for the same fish tacos at the Ritz Carlton in Maui right by the pool and those tacos had no flavor. This tacos were delicious and super cheap. My husband had the enchilada plate. He loved it!! we sat down under that cool shade of the Banyan tree and ate our food. I really had to write this because it was so good. If you like authentic Mexican food. the couple that own it were super nice. You have to stop by and try it.