“Economical, friendly and safe!”

and 1 more site!
Northshore Hostel Maui
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The staff at Northshore really do a great job of welcoming newcomers. It has been decades since I stayed in a youth hostel. This one was Safe, Clean and affordable (especially for Hawaii!) The free breakfast is a nice touch.
ADVICE: Bring ear plugs.
Otherwise, great place to stay on a budget!

Room Tip: There are rooms either for 1-2 people. I arrived late, so was sin the open bay dorm style w/7 other...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Clean hostel but STRICTLY enforced EARLY quiet hours as of 10PM. There's a lovely balcony but STRICTLY enforced quiet hours on the balcony too :(

Lovely private rooms but there's nowhere in this hostel to socialize with other travellers after quiet hours :(

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the HUGE windows if traveling as a couple ;)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Excellent!!! Clean, friendly supportive staff, excellent location, quiet and rooms have air-conditioning. Just a great place I highly recommend it and I will be sure to visit again. Soon I hope . Oh and not to forget the wonderful complimentary breakfast. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017

It is clean and at the end of the day that's all I really want from a hostel.

But the lady at the front desk was crazy rude and made me feel very unwelcome. I'm not sure if I did something to offend her, if she didn't like the look of my face, or what. I know that I couldn't have caused any problems, I flew out last minute to attend the big wave comp and was barely present at all during my three day stay. When I asked her if there were any restaurants nearby open after 8:30PM (I'd been on a boat in the channel all day and was ravenously hungry) her response was "How would I know? We have information in the binder."

Except the binder had very little information, not all of it up to date. And, come on, it's not like Wailuku is some massive metropolis.

Tell her to work on her people skills a little. Answering simple questions is part of her job.

It is the cheapest place to stay on that side of Maui and they do keep it clean. Ample parking across the street. There's also a rehab next door and the residents make a lot of noise. I was dead to the world each night so it didn't bother me, but if you're a light sleeper it will.

All in all it is not the best hostel I've stayed in, but it is far from the worst.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Rory P
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Awesome, super clean, friendly, quiet place! Would go there again right away. Bus stations are nearby as well as caffees and grocery stores.It was better then we expected. And free breakfast was nice bonus :)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
3.5 km away
18.1 km away
Tiki Beach Hostel
Tiki Beach Hostel
#33 of 43 in Lahaina

Been to Northshore Hostel Maui? Share your experiences!