All reviews north shore pancakes quiet hours private room the kitchen rental car pancake mix free airport shuttle great place to stay free coffee enjoyed my stay felt safe light sleeper other guests air conditioner iao valley common areas
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was included. Terrace with view to the street. Private rooms are really nice for a hostel (but overpriced like all accommodations in Hawaii). I would recommend Airbnb in Hawaii. Parking next door (free for 12 hours)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Cosy place with great staff and comfortable beds! I came with a rental car so I was pleased with the free public car park opposite the hostel. I also love the location. One street block south from the hostel is Main Street with plenty of food options and a Chevron gas station. From Main Street it is a straight road to Iao Valley, Kahului and Hana. One street block west from the hostel (perpendicular to Main Street) is High Street, where it is a straight road to Lahaina. Using this hostel as a base, I could easily drive around Maui and return to the hostel without GPS.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The hostel was very good. Clean both in the common areas, toilets and room. There is always space to park the car in the parking in front of the hostel. The staff is very polite and helps you out in organizing local activities in the island. Toilets are many and cleaned i guess twice a day because I never found them dirty. At night there is not any noise both from the hostel and from the street so after a day of intense activities, that was our case, we could really rest properly. I really enjoyed my stay there and I deeply recommend it.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 9 June 2017

My second stay in a hostel and it was a very good experience. I felt at home because of the open atmosphere, created by the staff members and the owner. It´s a carefully renovated historic building in the mid of Wailuku.

If you´re a looking for:
- a well-equipped hostel (laundry-room, kitchen (e.g. free coolers, bags,), cheap snorkel equipment, bath mats, free airport shuttle....)
- a central starting point for Maui excursions
- well-structured information folder, where you get an idea which activities are possible (with and without a car)
- the possibilitiy to meet other interesting people in the lobby
(but it´s not a must! You can just stay alone, too.)
- four bathrooms with toilet & shower (that provides a bit privacy)

What you need:
- open-mindset
- a little bit patience during the bathroom rushhours
- maybe a car to have more flexibility (I had no car and travelled with other guests of the Northshore, which was also a great experience)
- love of the countryside
- like to go to sleep early (if you´re a party people, than you can relax and recharge your batteries there)

What you get:
A pleasant and relaxing vacation period!

P.S. But be careful: At times you may have to come back, because you liked it so much ;-).

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Anja K
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Great place with friendly staff. Secure. You can get full guidance about Maui Island, traveling tips by car or by foot. If you rent a car , then you have convenient place to park it just outside the hostel. Clean bathrooms and equipped kitchen. I ve enjoyed staying over for three days during my Hawaiian expedition. It was also good value for money as its well known that Maui is most expensive Island to stay. Would defo recommend this place.Enjoy Maui.

Room Tip: book in advanced
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple