“YUM!!!”
Review of Kama Hele Cafe

Kama Hele Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Makawao
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This is the best food truck on Maui! A must if you are in the Paia/Haiku/Makawao area. also, well worth the drive if you're staying on another part of the island. Their pulled pork sandwich is to die for and their Monte cristo is made with homemade/fresh Hawaiian sweet bread! Make sure to order the pineapple lemonade as well!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

After the pineapple tour we stopped at Kama Hele Cafe for the Pineapple Lemonade. Tasted great and very friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We stopped on our way to Haleakalā. We didn’t expect a food truck but don’t worry. I really don’t want to say too much as the time you spend there will be as good as the food. Mark and Andrea will make you feel very welcome to their unique, inviting, entertaining and beautiful dining area. I had the Monte Cristo. When I selected that, Mark got all excited saying he loved to create that. I can tell why. Superb! My wife had a super fresh croissant sandwich. Both with the most fresh and colorful fruit salads. Each enough to share, but both so unique and individually tasty, we shared. I cannot say enough about how special this Cafe is. Nice job, Mark and Andrea. Enjoyed meeting you.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

So we hit this place 1 hour prior to our Pineapple tour. They were just opening. It’s a husband and wife team. They got in a fight and she left. It took 50 minutes to get our food and we ate it as fast as possible. We came back after the tour to get our coffee. Several other people came back later to get the food they ordered. If the wait wouldn’t have been so long it would be a 5 all the way. Some of the best food I’ve had.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Excellent Pork Sandwich and Extraordinary Fish Tacos. We stopped by here to get a quick bit on our way to the volcano. We were not disappointed! They were so nice, friendly and treated us to a great dessert, completely unexpected but made for a memorable experience. We will certainly be back again.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Kama Hele Cafe? Share your experiences!