“French Toast is Amazing”
Review of Kama Hele Cafe

Kama Hele Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Makawao
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Stopped here after doing the Maui Downhill bike ride, and it was a great choice. It's a permanent food truck in a nice little yard with shade and picnic tables. I had the breakfast burrito, which was pretty good, and my wife had the Hawaiian french toast. The rum butter sauce is amazing. Best french toast we have ever had. Reasonably priced (for Hawaii) and definitely worth a stop for lunch.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Like other reviewers we stumbled onto to this cafe (great glass blowing shop nearby). We have found great food for great value at various food truck around the island of maui. Kama Hele Cafe is one of the best. The staff was friendly and competent. The atmosphere was perfect. They delivered our veggie wrap-up to our table while a rooster crowed behind our table. The wrap-up was delicious and large enough for two. We definitely will return

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2016

If you enjoy local kine grinds you will like what Leslee cooks up. I think you can get brown rice as a healthy option, but when I eat local kine food I gotta have the sticky white rice. Yummy!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 21 October 2016

We stumbled onto the Cafe while arriving early for the Pineapple tour. Great BBQ mixed plate! Chicken was some of the best I have ever had. I asked about the cooking seasoning and process but was told it was a secret! Great service and very fresh food. Topped off with a coffee that was also excellent! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped at this spot after our mountain bike ride, and it was excellent. Awesome staff and the atmosphere is great. Several picnic tables under a couple oak trees. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and they truly care about the food they make. I ordered the French toast and my wife got the pork sandwich, both were amazing. The most expensive items on the menu are $11 so it definitely won't break the bank.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Kama Hele Cafe? Share your experiences!