All reviewsyoga classesfarm to tableup countryspa treatmentsday bedfire pitmana foodswhispering pinespool and jacuzzibeautiful propertyyogurtceiling fanthere is no air conditioningheaven on earthnorth shoreminute driveocean view
Reviewed 10 August 2018

This place is beautiful! Highly recommend to any yogi's, mindful meditators, and people looking for some gorgeous scenery and tranquility. Reading the unhappy reviews it's very clear that the people who booked their experiences didn't do research and aren't into yoga. This is a yoga retreat and wellness resort!!!!! All employees were really helpful, kind and prompt. We booked through Lumeria's website which takes into account resort fees at the time of booking. If you don't book through their website you don't get charged the resort fee's until checkout. Sometimes people aren't honest about how many adults/kids are staying and then they get charged at checkout because at breakfast you check in with the number of people in your party and what room you're in. We checked out after our four nights stay and didn't owe a thing. Breakfast was great so I don't really understand the petty complaints. They offer yogurt, granola, potatoes, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, oatmeal with great topping options, English muffins, coffee with vegan milk options, and a variety of teas. They have three yoga areas, a brand new Yoga Shala, a smaller yoga room next to their restaurant, and they're outdoor lawn. They also have amazing yoga equipment all by Manduka Yoga which is a great brand! We did yoga twice a day and some classes are restorative meaning it's very slow, gentle and you do about six poses total. I saw a user complain about this and it's clear they only took one class and didn't explore all the classes Lumeria offers daily and they didn't read the class descriptions that are offered upon checkin. The resort fees make total sense when you get a great breakfast and unlimited classes; yoga classes are typically $20 per person anywhere you go so this was a great deal. After we checked out they said we could come back later that evening to take their awesome sound healing class. We never had a problem with towels or cleanliness of our rooms and when we walked around the grounds, staff were always letting us know they'd help us if we needed anything. I don't recommend bringing your children here simply because it is a wellness retreat and Lumeria's vibe is quietness and meditation so it doesn't seem fair make sure your kids are quiet all the time for other guests. One guest was really unhappy with a party that had a group of kids but they weren't too rambunctious for me and my partner. We stayed in their ocean suit and it was so gorgeous. They have cats on the property the probably keep pests away and are so well behaved. I hope to come back again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Lumeria on weekend getaway to Maui. The grounds are amazing, well manicured and give a wonderful feel of being far more authentic then a resort.

We received an excellent couples massage. Even at an hour, it felt to stretch for far longer. Vicki and Jess did a great job and left us both feeling truly relaxed and at peace. They also kindly provided an excellent recommendation to a local restaurant.

The rooms where authentic, fair for the price. Luckily we had a corner room, and had good airflow, not to hot or humid, we did take advantage of the provided box fan. The shower was wonderful, the stones set in the floor feel wonderful on your feet as you wash away the cares of the day(of which there where blessedly few).

The only drawback was the billing. Being my second trip to Hawaii, I did know to expect a pile of fees to be added on. That said I would recommend more accurate pricing up front. When someone pays the advance rate, they typically do not expect that to be seen as a "deposit" on the final bill. Spa/class service charges, and 2nd guest fees seem a bit over the top, and while expected, should have been included or expressly(not discretely) noted upfront. We gladly paid these additions, but it would be nice to simply see them upfront, the stay is worth the extras.

All in all, I would highly recommend a stay here.If recharging, relaxing and unwinding in a low-key location is what you want, this is the place to choose on Maui.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Amazing location in beautiful maui upcountry. This place is very much focused on yoga, so if you are not a fan, consider it before.
We found the service not in line of the standard of a luxury hospitality, nor with an hawaiian kindness mood.
The breakfast in particular and the restaurant in general need serious improvement.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Since I travel on business alot, most of my hotel stays are at corporate hotels. My daughter wanted a special retreat in Maui and this is where we stayed. Upon check-in the staff was very accommodating and explained everything to us including the various classes and massages. Never once did I feel rushed by staff, they took the time to give us attention.

Our room was large and had a bedroom plus another room with a day bed. No a/c, but with the breezes it was nice and cool. Also no tv, but who needs that when you are trying to relax. Both beds were comfortable.

The food was very good. First, breakfast was included and is a simple buffet. It included cooked foods like eggs and sausage as well as fruit and oatmeal. We ate twice at the restaurant for dinner. They offer a fixed menu of a salad, main course and dessert for a reasonable price. They accommodate special diets like the vegan in our family.

Relaxation and wellness is key here. The grounds are well maintained and offer plenty of places to sit and meditate or read or chill. We took advantage of a yoga session and it was the first time for us. The instructor was awesome helping us beginners. We also enjoyed massages.

It was difficult for us to leave as we felt so relaxed and pampered. We all want to return!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank theebdk
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I highly recommend that you stay at the Lumeria. It is a place to relax and rebalance. The staff are gracious, helpful, and professional. The rooms are comfortable, the pool and hot tub are clean. The grounds are spacious and accommodate to your needs. The location is well suited for adventure and coming back to the Lumeria after a day of exploration is like coming home to a peaceful and restful environemnt.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple