“Great indoor/outdoor venu at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club”

Ka'anapali Grille And Tap Room
Ranked #104 of 290 Restaurants in Lahaina
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Good food and libations in an indoor/outdoor setting with live music most nights. Enjoy appetizers or a full lunch/dinner in a relaxing setting. Note they are not affiliated with Marriott and are actually part of the Cheeseburger in Paradise family but with a better menu.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here before and it was good but this time the Pizza crust was not cooked properly. It was still doughy around the outside and barely cooked on the bottom. The server said that they had a new pizza cook and he didn't have it mastered yet. My partner had the veggie burger and she said it was awesome. I tasted it and it was very good. The server did not adjust our bill for the pizza issue so I was not impressed overall but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was an isolated issue. If restaurants admit there is a problem with the food they should compensate the guest with some type of discount or future coupon etc.

1  Thank Brian F
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Had the most awful disrespectful experience with Clay Shelton, General Manager. On Saturday he was friendly and chatty with me as I was purchasing a "to go" meal (the 3rd out of 4 meals that purchased for my family while at the Marriott). In fact, we were chatting about chef stuff and he said wow you should cook for me as you sound like you know a lot about food.

On Easter Sunday morning, as we were waiting for our table for breakfast, I had to retrieve my sons flip flop sandals from the pool lost and found and did not have a bag to place the shoes in. In order to not be holding shoes during breakfast or risking having them be left on the floor at the the restaurant post meal, I requested a bag so I could place the shoes into the bag prior to placing them in my purse, since I didn't want dirty shoes directly in my purse, nor did I want to be hanging on to shoes while touching my food, or putting them directly on the chair, for respectful etiquette
Clay looked me straight in the eyes and said NO. At first I thought he was joking. I respectfully asked again, as I had received a bag when I got my "to go" food the day prior, and he said NO NO NO, we only give bags for "to go" and that was yesterday, not today and his bags are in limited supply. He then tightened his lips and wouldn't look at me. Now, if he had said, I'm sorry, I need to charge you a dollar for the bag, or we are running out of bags - the best I can do is give you... or ANY helpful commentary, it wouldn't have felt like such a slap in the face.

I was horrified to be treated SO POORLY by who I later found out to be the GM of the Restaurant. Hello - you are in the Service Industry. Maybe you need to get a different line of work where you don't have to interact with anyone who needs service. After spending hundreds of dollars at an establishment to be treated so inhumanely was more than I could bear. Needless to say, we did not eat breakfast there and was able to enjoy some fresh market fruit and food the Marriott was offering for half the money I would've spent at the restaurant and YES THEY GAVE ME A BAG FOR MY SHOES NO PROBLEM.

1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 19 April 2017

run by the cheeseburger in paradise Hawaii'n people. Great location, service and food with an entertainer singer soft melodies every evening.

Brian H, Guest Relations Manager at Ka'anapali Grille And Tap Room, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We appreciate you recognizing our service, food and location all in one review! Aloha and Mahalo!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We loved eating at the Ka’anapali Grill and Tap Room because the food was good and was reasonably priced for the Ka’anapali Beach area.
The wait staff were very helpful and friendly.
We ate there for breakfast and lunch/dinner. I tried the traditional breakfast, pork sandwich, cheese burger, fish and chips. All were very good.
The restaurant had a happy hour from 2-to-5 PM weekdays when we were there with reduced prices on some appetizers and drinks.