“great trip!”

Safari Boat Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Lanakila is the only boat in Lahaina harbor meeting current EPA standards and is the most technology advanced boat available. Passengers can experience destinations previously unimaginable due to the design of this boat. Our boat is a fast as any raft., but go where they can't. Take a chance let your imagination roam and come out on the best boat on Maui.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“great trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great boat -- it's fast and can get you there quickly if you see something far off in the distance this boat can go to it. We were able to get to a competition pod that had 7-9 males exhibiting really aggressive behavior and had a great time watching more whales than I've ever seen at one time. Good eye, Skipper!

Visited March 2012

Courtenay, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent Whale Watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great service and a 'magnetic' boat for humpback whales.

Orange, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Safari Boat Excursions No ka 'Oi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have read alot of reviews for Safari and decided to try it out. My huband and I LOVED it! For almost 8 hours we traveled around Lanai. We saw the Freedom frigate boat wreck way up close, I never knew that boats were made from concrete, let alone that concrete could float. Then on to the the first snorkle dive. Oh my, the place was beautiful and the snorkeling as fabulous as well. On the way to the second spot, we ventured into a sea cave where the fun-factor included a surprise sea spray drench from the waves hitting the back and sides of the cave. Pretty cool. The second snorkel spot , aside from swimming and snorkelig in an aquarium-like cavity at the bottom of 2 of the 5 sisters, also featured an added blow-whole cave self-tour. A 10 on the does it get any better than this meter. At this point I am thinking to myself, this could get addictve. The rest of the afternoon was just as wonderful. We cruised with a couple of pods of spinner dolphins (about 200 or so) for a half and hour. We watched them jump out of the water and spin around and made waves for them to play in. At this point, I know we will be back with Captain Dave again the next time we are in Maui. Captain Dave has done his homework on the island of Lanai and its history. First Mate Bobbie was great with his natural Aloha spirit. And yes the "perfect-for-the-moment" themed music made you smile.
As a side note, wether you book this tour or another through an agency, that agency takes a big percentage of the booking. So if you are not getting a discount, book directly with the tour and give them the business! They really are the ones earning it aren't they? Mahalo and Aloha. We'll be back Capaatain Dave!

Northbrook, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best activity on Maui!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

When our canoe trip got cancelled due to strong winds, we asked the Expedia consultant at our hotel if she could set us up on a whale watching tour and she suggested Safari. We wanted a smaller boat and Safari was just the right size. It technically holds 32 people, but there were only 16 on our tour, which was great as it allowed for one-on-one conversations with Captain Eric. 4 of the people on our tour travel the world to watch and photograph whales and said that in Maui, they ALWAYS go with Safari. Captain Eric was very knowledgeable about the whales and dolphins and 5 minutes after we left the harbor, we came across a pod of about 150 dolphins who just wanted to play in the wake of the boat. after playing with them for about 30 minutes, we went to another spot where we found 7 whales in the midst of a "competition" (6 males competing for the attention of 1 female). The experience was so amazing, we got off the boat and went straight to the check in booth and booked the tour around Lanai for the next day. That, too, was just as awesome and definitely something I will do again on my next trip to Maui. Captain David and his deck hand Bobby were great. Having been born and raised on Maui, Bobby has a wealth of information about the Island, the people, the whales, etc. Although it was too windy to go all the way around the island, we were able to go snorkeling in places you'd never find on some of the bigger boats. And if you were adventurous enough, you could swim through a lava tube and dive off a cliff.

Wabash, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Do you want to have an adventure?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I, and another couple did Captain Dave's snorkel tour. It goes all the way around Lanai. I had my first true snorkel experience at Shark Fin Cove. I am not comfortable in the water and Capt. Dave and Capt. Eric were very encouraging. Even if you don't snorkel, you will have a great time because that is Captain Dave's goal. He wants you to have a good time. Can't wait to go again. We are planning on taking a whale watch with Safari also. The boat is wonderful you can walk around because it is very safe.