“I stopped by the other morning for breakfast. I had a loco moco . It was fresh, very good and reasonably priced.”
Review of Honolua Store

Honolua Store
Ranked #29 of 292 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2018

It was very good and fresh. The man who took my order was very nice and polite. I would recommend this place for lunch too.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stocked on wines, vodka,and fruit here along with quick lunch foods! Reasonably priced and offered alot! Even pool floaties and snorkel gear!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Yes, its true! We were able to order breakfast and espresso drinks for two with a tab under $20. Their breakfast sandwich and breakfast burrito were delicious and both were huge. Great chai latte and the staff was so friendly, even at 6:00am (we were still on Mainland time for our first visit). It definitely gets busy later in the morning, but it is worth the wait!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I was not expecting this at all. My first 5 rating at a nice ABC store just outside of the Ritz Hotel in Kapalua. The rating was not just for the store but mostly for the food from the deli. What?!?

Maui is a great place to visit. But lets face it, it can be very expensive. From the crazy prices for renting a car, hotels, food, airfare etc.: you know what I mean. And if you are traveling with a family it adds up fast. When you find an unexpected place where you can purchase items at reasonable cost but also get great food, you get kind of excited. That was my reaction after visiting the Honolua Store in Kapalua, Maui.

If you have been to Hawaii, you have probably seen and been to an ABC store somewhere in the islands. You just made the flight to Hawaii and now you need things; water, snacks etc. The Honalua Store in Kapalua in a nice ABC store with a great deli in the back.

We were staying nearby and of course we needed "stuff". We saw the Honolua store and decided to stop in to get some items just to hold us over. When we walked into the Honolua store we could see it was an ABC store. It was very nice. To our surprise the items that we needed, mostly water and some snacks were all on sale. That was great. Then I walked to the back of the store and saw the deli with all of it's offerings. I was surprised by the pretty extensive menu. The items on the menu were also pretty reasonable in price. Ok, I will come back in the morning and give it a shot.

I went back in the morning and decided to order some breakfast items. I ordered the Loco Moco Supreme with some banana pancakes. I also picked up some cut pineapple and papaya that were in the cold case. When you order your food, you walk to the back and order at the cash register. There are no tables inside the store. There is no wait staff. You pay for your food and then you wait for the deli staff to make it for you.

While I was waiting I had a chance to take a good look around. There are cold cases with prepared salads, fruit etc. The prices were not bad at all and the food looked really good.
I thought that this could be a great alternative to super expensive resort food etc.

I got our food and walked outside where there is a covered area with tables. It is not fancy but is nice, clean and functional.

The food comes in plastic or paper containers. There are utensils and napkins inside. We sat down outside and started to eat. I could not believe how good the food was. The Loco Moco was so good. It was fresh, moist, flavorful and abundant. My family likes to try Loco Moco at different restaurants in Hawaii. It is a great local dish. The Loco Moco from the Honolua Store was not only very good, it was probable the best I have ever had.
I was shocked! The banana pancakes were very good also.

How could this be? This was a small store with deli. This was not a highly rated restaurant. But this was not a fluke. Over the next couple of days we went back to the Honolua Store deli for more food items. Every time the food was not only good, it was excellent! Also the prices were so reasonable I was almost giddy after eating.

We ate a a lot of different places while we on our trip to Maui. We ate at some very expensive restaurants and did not get food this good.

As I have stated in previous reviews, I am not a food snob. I want what everyone wants; good food with good service at a good price. The deli at the Honolua store checked all of these boxes. Even though there was no wait staff, the staff that worked at the deli were very nice. The food was excellent and the price was great.

For all the reasons stated above, I give the Honolua store a 5 rating for Excellence. This is the first time I have given a 5 for any restaurant I have reviewed.

I highly recommend the Honolua store for their groceries but mostly for the food from the deli.

It's great when you can find a place that gives you a break from the high cost of eating while on vacation. I hope that you like this store and deli as much as I did.

Thank you Honolua Store for not only having good items and a good price, but also for having a great deli with excellent food!

2  Thank whitefoot85
Reviewed 2 August 2018

With an early morning zipline tour booked at Kapalua Ziplines (next door) we stopped in to Honolua Store for coffee. We were amazed at all the prepared food options and shopping. Later in our trip, we made a second stop to purchase souvenirs. I was really surprised the quality of items, along with reasonable prices. Although we didn't eat a meal here, there was plenty that looked tempted and their outdoor seating area was very inviting. Cheap Eats by Maui standards.

Been to Honolua Store? Share your experiences!