“A civilised dinner, but not as cultural as I'd hoped ”
Review of Feast At Lele

Feast At Lele
Book In Advance
More Info
US$145.00*
and up
The Feast at Lele: A Luxury Maui Luau
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This luau had the best reviews so we went for it. It's a beautiful location right on the beach and very well run and organised. You sit at your own table for your party and they bring you the food so it's a very civilised and easy experience. A set welcome cocktail on arrival and free unlimited drinks once you were seated with a drinks server and a seperate food server.
But it didn't feel like a luau... It just felt like a four course dinner, with some background music. There was no visual of the food and no story to accompany the dances- they let you know which country it represented I.e. Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti, Samoa. It was nice, but I didn't learn anything culturally.
The food was also aligned to each country, I didn't particularly like the food, it wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy the flavours. If you're after a traditional luau experience, this is not for you; if you'd like a nice dinner on a beautiful beach, this was posh.
Note: It was actually fully booked online but we contacted them to go on a waitlist and we're lucky enough to get a call back and be able to attend that day so give them a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"pork"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was raining all day, off and on. I emailed and asked if the event was on. The reply said that the manager would decide an hour before the event and call if cancelled. At 5:45, with no call, we headed to front st, paid $10 for the parking and then went to check in. Guess what? Cancelled... No call. No email. Nothing. They did refund my money, which is a noble thing to do. I don't blame the rain, but this outfit sucked at handling it....

1  Thank babalu w
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

It was a great experience - my only regret was that I couldn’t eat all that food. Some things I liked better than others, but over all the food drink and service was wonderful.
The show was great too.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is my first (and last) luau, so I didn’t have anything to compare to. Organization and set up were great. We were efficiently and warmly greeted with a delicious drink and a lei. The sun was about to set at the sandy beach where we were to sit at our reserved table. The waitstaff were friendly and efficient. It looked to be a great experience. The event revolves around 4 different Polynesian cultures around the world (expressed over 4 food courses and the dancing). The food wasn’t bad. The show itself could have used some life. The segments seemed really short and the dancing was just okay—almost like watching a high school variety show. We left feeling like we’d checked off a box on the Hawaii-to-do list and would never have to do it again.

1  Thank pochejlee
See more reviews

Only positive: service

Negatives: extremely overpriced for inedible food and a boring performance not what we expected at all! The food was cold, fatty and gross.. we complained to management and instead of dealing with the problem she sent our server out who was so busy not professional.. I am a huge foodie and I researched this luau thinking it would be the best choice do not waste your money you will be very disappointed all they care about is quantity not quality unfortunately.. attached is a picture of a huge chuck of fat from the only decent dish which was the pork. We got better pork at down the hatch for $13 two blocks away! Feast at Lele is a joke in my opinion!

1  Thank AshleyPaige26