All reviews beach access maui brewing co living room thousand bucks nice condo underground parking luggage cart property management rented condo beds were comfortable every morning sun all day balcony door minute drive cross breeze quiet resort great kitchen
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The unit (A303) we had is tired and in need of TLC. The location is very nice and the grounds are well taken care of. The bathrooms showed remnants of the last guest(s), the kitchen cupboards were sticky and in need of a good cleaning. The patio table had candle wax all over it, along with a lot of food dirt, it needs a good power wash. The view was wonderful and we were able to watch the whales every morning. The beds were comfortable. The manager was gracious about the concerns above. Hopefully they will be addressed and the next occupants will have a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MAS9024
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed in unit 501 and found it to be beautifully-appointed. I love the view. The grounds are kept beautifully and the pool area is kept nice. There's not much for kids to do so I wouldn't recommend this small resort for people with young children, but I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view for whale watching during whale season.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The most ocean front location in west Maui, so beautiful. We saw turtles on the beach every day. We rented unit A604 from VRBO and were very pleased. The view was just incredible, there was plenty of space, 2 lanais and comfortable beds and furniture. We would definitely stay here again.

The pool is small, but they keep it very warm. I probably would not recommend this place to families with small children. Kids would probably have more fun somewhere larger and with more children's activities. This resort is quiet (which is perfect for a relaxing vacation) and is in a great location for exploring west Maui.

The grills are immaculate! The grounds keeper does an excellent job taking care of the grills so that they are clean and ready to use every night.

Aloha!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jaelyte
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is "managed" by an elderly man named Ed, who is unbelievably rude. He kicked my family out of the tiny swimming pool at 11:00 AM because my 1 year old nephew was "making noise" (laughing and occasionally squealing in delight, as infants sometimes do when having fun) which is against the rules of the pool (we were the only ones in the pool aside from 2 young girls, also making a typical amount of noise well within what most people would consider to be reasonable). I asked him if the property had a policy not allowing children and babies in the common areas, he said they were welcome if they could follow his rules. I explained that we left the pool when he told us we were making too much noise because we can't force a 1 year old to be silent- he then shrugged and said he "had to report" us for making noise, I understand that excessively loud noises can be disruptive to fellow guests (I don't know anyone who would consider the noise we were making excessive) and tried to tell him that we were doing our best to keep quiet. He shrugged again and asked for my name and room number so he could report us. If you are traveling to Maui, especially if you are traveling with your family, I absolutely would not recommend staying here. I have never met anyone as smug or who enjoys power tripping more than this man. Thanks for ruining our vacation Ed!

• Stayed: November 2013
22  Thank Coffeedrinkerz
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Would highly recommend Hololani Resort unit A503. We had an amazing ocean views, very clean and newly remodeled with all the amenities. It was our first trip to Maui and the location was perfect, easy access to the beach, 5mins to Old town lahaina. The only thing that that I didn't like was the stove top, the burners took forever to get hot, other than that our experience over all was amazing and we look forward to our next trip to Maui.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family