All reviews rocking chairs rooms are small stayed here for one night sister resort recommend staying here the location is perfect maui ocean aloha
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Spent the first nights in Maui here. My friend booked it and I hadn’t looked it up except for the location. They have actual keys, not the key cards most hotels use, so that caught me off guard. Sheryl was wonderful and got us situated right away. She explained that there wasn’t a pool or immediate beach access, but for that we could go to the sister property the Royal Lahaina Inn which isn’t far away and our parking pass worked there without a problem. The only downside was the air conditioner would turn off on its own and it’s right in the center of a very touristy part of town, for the first few days was ok but that got old quickly. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Satisfaction Team at Lahaina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to review Lahaina Inn. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part of your vacation and even more pleased to hear Cheryl was of great assistance. Our team takes great pride in the service they provide. Mahalo once again for providing your feedback. We hope to see you soon when visiting Maui.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Wrong room given to me. 5" of dust in the bathroom, mold, shower handle and window handle broken, shower enclosure is peeling and falling apart. peeling wallpaper, no hangers, no coffee pot, no safe, no front desk help, unless ur there between 11-7 and even then. Balcony was closed, the noise of the GLASS recycle truck at 4am was too much as was the nightly noise. While Front St. rolls up early, the noise from local workers is above the top. 3 days with no hot water, still waiting for my promised comp credit. top it off with the AC going off several times in the middle of the night. They stated the water and ac was fixed, until I entered the shower then having to get up often in the middle of the night to turn "fixed" ac back on. I found u have to set it on timer....my last night. Being that they own the Royal Lahaina Resort, I thought there would be a lot more offered in this quaint Inn. It is nice you can go to the resort and use their facilities. Quoted price was not given either. Being my son is a local, he was quoted a different price AND room. Of course there was no one at the front desk to address once I arrived. VERY disappointed. Now, to find out where my comp is! UGGH

Room tip: not street front - I have pics, will update soon.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NSB386
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Care Team at Lahaina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Aloha
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay, and we are sorry to hear that it did not exceed your expectations. This does not at all reflect the high quality, comfortable vacation we are dedicated to providing for our guests, and your feedback will be shared with our management for thoughtful and careful examination. We ask that you contact us at Customer_Satisfaction@hawaiianhotels.com as trip advisor does not provide information so we may reach out to you in regards to the question of compensation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mahalo
Tara

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed three nights at this hotel in Lahaina . Great location right in the centre of this busy tourist town. No parking but this hotel does have ten spots reserved just up the road at $15usd a day, which was worth paying as the whole town doesn't have any free parking. The reception is pretty much unattended most of the time even though the sign says it's open from 11am til 7pm. The front door is nearly always locked so you need a key code . The building is old but neat & tidy . The rooms are comfortable but very small & serviced daily . Very expensive for what you get. There was no bar fridge or safe in the room. Just the basics . They had cute little balconies with rocking chairs but no privacy between balconies. I felt this hotel is very overpriced.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl H
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Care Team at Lahaina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. We are happy to see you spent three wonderful night with us at the Lahaina Inn. We agree that we are located in a great location. As you have noted the Lahaina Inn is a unique experience that is in touch with the roots of Hawaiian history. We are sorry to see you felt the prices were high for the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Mahalo
Tara

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Lahaina Inn is in the heart of Lahaina, BUT ... it is a poor wreck of a hotel and surviving off its location. The balconies are not accessible, and have not been since 22 June 2017, but this is not mentioned until you arrive at Reception. The room did not have a safe, or a refrigerator, or any facilities to make tea or coffee. Moreover, the room was dirty with heavy layers of dust under the bed, wardrobe and around the skirting board - not recommended for anyone with dust allergies. There was also mold in the bathroom and the washbasin was cracked. The owners need to reinvest some of their profits into the hotel to make it habitable.

Room tip: Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalBeecher
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Room smelt like insecticide, room was small, so was the bed, AC went out during the night, it got uncomfortable. Front Desk person was not friendly, he didn't even force a smile.

Location is excellent though, the crew at Cheeseburger in Paradise down the street, on the beach was spectacular and treated us really well considering there was a Missile Alert going on. At the time, there was nobody at the Inn to talk to, no information, I thought that was rather callous. Wife got stress, didnt see anyone at reception so we left, she forgot to return the key and we just got a $100 US Visa Charge.

Room tip: All rooms are old rooms, I've been in 300 year old homes that beat the tar out of this place, but for one night, it is what it is.
Date of stay: January 2018