First time on Maui was 4 years ago with just my wife and I staying in Wailea at the Fairmount Kia Lani, great hotel but this trip was with my daughter and son-in-law so we wanted a similar experience luxury wise but wanted to stay someplace where we could have a shared experience.
Puunoa Beach Estates filled the bill perfectly. After our first trip we found that most of the entertainment and really good restaurants are in or near Lahaina and Puunao Beach Estates is located a very short walking distance (.2 mi.) just down Front Street and the heart of Lahaina shops, attractions and restaurants.
This resort is small and exclusive, just 10 units total with magnificently manicured lawns bordered by a privacy hedge with a private baby beach just 20 feet from your lanai if your unit is on the lower level which ours was. We had one of the smaller units (1500 sq.ft.) master suite with a King and private bath and lanai, 2nd bedroom with a Queen and complete bath, full kitchen with every appliance including blender for making smoothies and even an ice maker yielding an unending supply of crystal clear ice for drinks. Maid service every day included.
Living room is huge with retractable doors that can opened completely to let in the breeze and with the waves so close its just like sitting on the beach. Power shades are raised or lower to either block out the hot afternoon sun or give a panorama for the sunsets over the island of Lanai which is just across the water. Morning coffee (cappuccino if desired) from the lanai watch whales surface and jump is an incredible experience not to be missed.
A Safeway is just a very short drive away at the Lahaina Cannery Mall but be ready for sticker shock if you plan to buy supplies to eat in and cook which is a great option, there are very nice gas grills located poolside if needed. We mostly ate out by design with the exception of one evening when we got a traditional ham and pineapple pizza from Lahaina Pizza Company and just sat on the lanai and watched the sun set.
Trust me if you are looking for a laid back exclusive Maui experience Puunao Beach Estates is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The expansive two bedroom and two bedroom/loft air-conditioned oceanfront townhomes range from 1,700 to 2,100 square feet in size. As you enter the elegant etched glass doorway, you will find that no two townhomes are alike. Each has its own distinct personality, with professionally selected furnishings, decorated with rich wood accents and works of local artisans, creating an elegant, relaxed but refined island atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Puunoa Beach Estates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puunoa Beach Estates Hotel Lahaina
- Puunoa Beach Estates Maui/Lahaina