We booked through AMA travel for a 10 Day Honeymoon. I will try and add pictures in later I promise.
While we had requested one of the rooms closer to the beach and more recently renovated we arrived at about 2 a.m. so did not argue when security greeting us and took us to a room close to the main road (Kekaa Dr.) and in an older what my husband described as "90's style" suite in building B.
What we found was that we were perfect happy in our suite. It was very spacious, incredibly clean and well maintained. The was well equipped and there was a book previous guests wrote in that we were more than happy to add to after reading all the other stories. While our view from the lanai to the ocean was blocked by another building the garden view was still nice. We also found ourselves less in our room and more on excursions but it was nice to know that no matter what we found ourselves doing during the day we had our massive suite as home base.
We also found being closer to the road was actually quite nice. There was not much noise off the highway as there was a strip mall of shops between us and the highway blocking noise. We were close to the trolley, getting in and out was easy being so close to the road, and it was a quick walk to the shops in the strip mall.
While we were not directly on the beach we were about a 10 minute walk to the beach... and because there was good food everywhere we went we NEEDED to walk to the beach. This was the only place that had the cabana on the beach and it was nice to be able to use. Not just for the bathroom but they also provide lawn chairs and towels. There was also a fridge and a spacious kitchen which was nice to take advantage of on our beach days. We were even offered a ride directly back to our room the one day by one of the staff with a golf cart.
Speaking of staff they were all very responsive and more than helpful our entire stay. For example we were missing out cutting board in the kitchen so we went to front desk and asked for one. They said they would call someone and the staff who brought us a new board just about beat us to our room.
Troy, the concierge, was especially helpful. He called us our first morning to make sure we came down to the lobby for some free breakfast. He gave us a high level tour of the whole island and was very honest with his recommendations of what was worth doing with the time had and what we could probably do without. He also kept in mind we were both quite sick when we first arrives, scheduling the more intense activities for later during our trip and prescribing a beach day right off the start. We booked 6 excursions in total with his help and they were all wonderful (separate reviews for those).
All in all if we ever find ourselves in Maui again we will definitely look to book here again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina