All reviewshaleakala cratermaui onion soupupcountry mauipineappleelectric fireplacesunsetlandscapingpaiahana
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Ordered lunch and after 20 minutes was told that half our table of six had to re-order off the dinner menu as the Chef would not serve lunch any longer. Then after a big upheaval and some of us not getting what we wanted, settled for a crummy pizza, Chef added a 3.5% tip to the bill for himself! Save your money, go elsewhere. Oh, and the place is old and smells like pee.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Good authentic place for spending the night. But not good heater in the room and freezing at night because it's 3 km above the sea. Comfortable beds include futon.
Restaurant with a panoramic view.
A food and gift store is next door.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I had a French Dip Sandwich, it was OK, but not worth the $22.00. My wife had the Short Ribs, and my daughter had the Mango Baby Back Ribs. I thought the Short Ribs were good, but my wife said the Short Ribs are better at Bale’s. I thought the Baby Back Ribs were very good, they just needed more barbecue sauce. My daughter loved them. It’s been years since I have been here. I was just surprised how much the prices have gone up.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We ate breakfast @ Kula Lodge 12 yrs ago while biking down Haleakala. It was 1 of my standout memories from a 10 day 3 island vacation. We're back w/our 3 daughters & Kula was a MUST. The mac nut pancakes w/pineapples topped with coconut syrup are still amazing, as is the lodge grounds & the store. We cannot recommend this place highly enough if you're in Upcountry Maui!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This USED to be ONE of my favorite eateries on Maui. Now, the management has once again changed and I recently received THE most unfriendly service from the new female manager. Prices have skyrocketed on meals, and the lady who tend the gardens is a cold, callous, unfriendly women, not at all what you might expect from a woman who'd job it is to water and plant flowers. I am shocked and appalled and deeply disappointed in the quality of service, management, and even for Maui the RIDICULOUS prices. I will spend a LOT for a great meal with even better service, with Kula Lodge used to provide. NOW> I have to wonder whoever owns this establishment... well, go see for yourself, if you dare. From and 8 year Maui resident who LOVES leaving GREAT reviews. So sad to see such a lovey view overcast with such horrid management, customer service, and ownership. If you want to pay these prices. go to Mama's Fish House where you will get what you pay for. Or, try formerly known as Makawao Steak House. You want the view. stick with Mama's.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. You are better off at a B&B.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family